Monday, September 29, 2008

Fit Tip Monday

Did you think I forgot about my old dedication to once a week fitness renewal goals?!? Of course not! The following fit tips were inspired by life's ups and downs from the last week.
1. Drink Plenty of Water: When your body is functioning on a lower level of Hydration, your mind and muscles become sluggish. Water is the necessity of life, so drink to a happier, healthier life! This weekend, as I sat at my Mother's yard sale as the ultimate yard sale helper (yes, this was probably my 99th yard sale of the summer...we will discuss this later), I forgot to drink water...all day long! By 4 in the afternoon I felt sluggish, nauseated and tired, not to mention I had an overwhelming case of dry cotton mouth. It has taken me the last 2 days to recoup the amount of water I need and to actually feel better. Take my advice and Drink UP!
2. When your lazy and you know it (don't clap your hands) just get up! Have you had days where you don't care about even getting up, let alone working out? I have...especially lately. I am tired, bloated, and I feel like a beached whale; but, I have found that when I convince myself to get up and get going, by the time I finish that 30 minute or 60 minute workout, I FEEL GREAT! I feel so much better after I do something that I try to hold on to that memory for the next time I feel like a giant pile of crap!
Take those two tips of the week and renew your dedication to fitness!

2 SPLURTS:

Just SO said...

I need to drink water. Why does Coke just call out to me? Why?

I do feel better after having done a workout (as small as mine are). I don't smell better but I feel better.

Carterista said...

I paid my portion of a Rec pass. Should get the real deal soon! Then I'll race you around that big track and let you win to help you feel better.