Sunday, July 27, 2008

A boy and his kitty

I picked up this half Siamese kitty at the pound over a week ago to help satisfy our home's other inhabitant problem...MICE! When you spend a great deal of time re-constructing an old house and you leave the doors open, you are bound to get a few mice; which unfortunately turn into a great deal of mice. Since we already feed, bathe and endlessly clean up after a great English lab, I thought it best to choose a younger cat to insure no animal cruelty (towards each other). As soon as I brought home Millie (our kitty), Teddy, my youngest and most exuberant, felt it was his new calling in life to 'cater' to the kitty. I found Teddy in my room snuggling, canoodling, malling, and drooling over our new housemate.

The following were exerpts I took from Teddy's mumblings and all-telling facial expressions:

oh, here you are kitty... I will pick you up and give you all my love and make you my best friend...
and now I will pet you, and lock hold you in place to keep you...safe...Shh Kitty, go to sleep...finally I can rest too...



16 SPLURTS:

JoMamma said...

I love the pictures. So cute. Teddy found a teddy for him.

My favorite thing about you getting a cat when you are pregnant is that you sould not change the litter box. You are very smart indeed. I have so much to learn from you.

Sidney said...

That. Is. Adorable.

Unknown said...

Will you feed me if I come and catch some mice? I can even give you a Chinese recipe... :-)

Just SO said...

How cute is that? We have some kitty things we are trying to get rid of. Let me know if you want them.

sanaejames photography said...

such cute pictures Erin!

Karina B. said...

Ah! So cute. I can't believe how big Teddy is. I really need to come around more often.

Shari said...

I LOVE IT! My poor children are so deprived(no pets). I guess I better not let them see the pictures.
Shari

Maman Pélissié said...

I love it! Shhhh kitty was my favorite!

Peggy Eddleman said...

Those are some dang adorable pictures! The Shhh kitty was my favorite pic, too. How cute! How well does your cat and your dog get along?

Ticklemedana said...

so I TOTALLY linked this post to my blog today...I love it! I have to say that I love the expression on kitty's face in the first pic and the almost smile she has on her face as he hugs her...LOL...too cute!

Natalie. said...

These pictures are priceless.

shelly said...

Oh, my gosh! I LOVE these pictures! The kitty seems as happy and loving and grateful about this situation as your little boy does! Really priceless.

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

These pics are too stinkin cute! I just love the sequence of them - I could so see my little guy doing the same thing (oh wait, he does with his grandparents poodles - too funny, maybe I should get pics of it one of these days)

kellieanne said...

You know if you let your kids man handle a kitten, they turn into really easy going cats with low expectations for their life. Just check out my cats if you need proof. No hissing, biting or scratch (unless Sammy really pushes it) from my cats. They just got use to crazy life at our house from the get go.

Patria said...

Soooooo dang cute...that Teddy and kitty! Loved it.

Damaris @Kitchen Corners said...

I remember thinking that Teddy was the cutest baby ever (second to Enzo, of course) when I first met the little newborn. I come to your blog to see pictures of him because I still think he's out of this world cute! Can you please have him do comercials so that I can see him often on T.V and magazines?! (hint, hint)