Saturday, April 19, 2008

I am going to the chapel...to shoot a wedding...

The oddest memory came to mind earlier today as I readied my camera bag for a shoot later this afternoon. The song "I'm going to the chapel and I'm going to get married..." played through my mind as memories of visiting my 'Californian' cousin flooded my mind. I think I was 13, visiting California, making preperations for my older cousin's taffeta adorned wedding, when I was shoved into the back of a pickup with my 'Californian' cousin. To bide the time we sang a loud obnoxious version of that song over and over again.

Now I am off to shoot another bride, on her special day at a local chapel. She seems so young, but she isn't much younger than I was when I took the marital leap of faith. Obviously we have had our ups and downs (reference to my previous post), but it has been a great ride. I hope this beautiful bride has as much joy, laughter, and fun as I have had.


7 SPLURTS:

Natalie. said...

All ... maybe Guhn is Erin's cousin or brother or something, but I probably wouldn't click that link if I didn't know for sure. A friend of mine, a photographer, recently clicked an embedded link on a comment bar and it crashed his computer. Unless you know Guhn, I wouldn't click the "see please here."

JoMamma said...

8 & 1/2 years of marriage, and I would not trade it for anything. Yes I'll take the unemployment, broken ankles, being hit by a car, pregnancy complications, and disagreements that have come in a short time.

Life is not easy, but having someone you love by your side who loves you makes the trials seem easier.

Yes marriage is magical.

A. said...

Ok - not to sound prideful, but I'm trying to figure out if that 'Californian' cousin was me. :P While I do not remmeber attending a wedding at around age 13, I can defiantely see me singing obnoxiously and being shoved in the back of our pickup. lol!!!
(Now I just need to know who it was!)

i'm erin. said...

Amy, yes I am talking about you...and maybe we were more like 8or 9...Brenda's wedding?!? hahahah

Carterista said...

Ya did good.

A. said...

Hahaha!!! Ok - Brenda was the only one I could think of but I thought we were younger. At least going off memory of me in the picture wearing the dress my mom made for the candle lighting role I played. LOL!
I do remember being quite annoying VERY often in the back of that pick up though. :P

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

Ohh Erin hurry and post the pics from the wedding! I can't wait to see how they turned out!