Saturday, February 23, 2008

Unsolved Mysteries!

I was stalking my blog friends in cyber world today when I was inspired by two excellent blogs: my sisters and some pioneer woman's blog. Both by the way are excellent reads! Both blogs posted about unsolved mysteries in their lives, and like them, and I am sure like many of you, I too have unsolved mysteries that still plague me to this day.

Mystery 1: Another mystery still taunts me for I am not one who 'wets' the bed. After each of my children's births I would suffer from hot flashes and night sweats as my hormones would return to normal. Each night when the baby would want to feed, I would wake up soaked in sweat and have to change my night skibbies (that is code for underwear). One exhausted evening I am sure I fell asleep before my head even hit the pillow. I was out! Tired! Dead to the world! Like all nights I would wake about 3 in the morning to the intermittent sounds of my newborn baby squawking. I sat up to feed him and noticed that my night sweats were centralized around one particular area. I was dry from waist up but wet, like all other evenings, only this evening it was just around my nether regions. Hmmm...what a mystery. Had I in fact 'wet' the bed? I didn't think so. I perused the area, sniffed a little, checked the color of the moisture and even woke up my dear sleeping husband to help me solve the mystery. Both he and I are still unsure as to what really happened. Do people have night sweats only from the waist down?

Mystery 2: On Valentine's day I received a call from a number I didn't recognize. The husky male voice on the other end of the line simply said, "open your door," and then hung up as unexpectedly as he had called. I ran straight to my door, opened it up and to my great surprise found the most delectable caramel apple wrapped beautifully and adorned with a pink and white polka-dot ribbon. To this day, I do not know who or why the apple was placed on my doorstep. For days I interrogated many friends and followed leads and clues into the late hours of the night, but alas, I am still mystified.

Do you have a mystery that is still a plague on your life?

2 SPLURTS:

Carterista said...

Mmmmmm...I LOVE caramel apples..and cookies! How come I didn't get any?

Maman Pélissié said...

Erin,

You were killing me in class today. Did you find your "beep" yet. I guess you can add that to your list of "unsolved mysteries."
Seriously your photos are looking awesome, and your boys are SO cute!
Shoot me an e-mail and I will send you an invite to my blog.
Take care!
Angi Pelissie