Monday, February 18, 2008

MONDAY'S Fit Tip Mania

Find something that works for you! Why is it that we start a new workout only to abandon it less than 2 weeks later? Most likely, it is a workout that doesn't fit with your daily routine, or your personal style. If you are casual about your day and don't like tight schedules, than it would be improbable that you would stick to the same sort of workout at the same time of day. Make sure your workout fits you and your personality. If you are on the go, set a goal of interspersed mini work outs throughout the day. 10 minutes of dedicated heart-rate raising intensity, spread out over the day, might be a better fit to your schedule than a 40-60 minute workout every morning at 6am. It is important to think about the type of schedule you already keep and choose a workout plan that fits easily into that.

I am the type that likes to do it once and do it right. I like to complete my workout in an hour and feel 'spent' after I am done. I feel most comfortable dedicating an hour in the morning or afternoon, and I schedule my day around that. Although this works for me; this might not be the right recipe for your fitness success. If you feel overwhelmed committing to an hour long intense workout every day, commit yourself to an extra calorie burn by taking the stairs at work, or parking at the far end of the lot at Walmart. Remember, better fitness comes from simply increasing your already established fitness regime. The tip for today, is to figure out what you are doing, and ADD to it in YOUR STYLE! Figure out what works for you and INCREASE IT!

2 SPLURTS:

Damaris @Kitchen Corners said...

can you do a random giveaway of one of your c.d mixes where you have work out music? can I win?

Just SO said...

Great ideas. I love how enthusiastic you are. I need more enthusiasm. Since it's starting to warm up again I'm looking to get back to walking...wanna join me? Are you feeling better?