Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Day 1: Summerill Slam (our remodel)

Here is the first look at what we did yesterday. This is a view from the dining room. Where the small opening was, is now a large opening which makes the dining room flow to the entry and front living room. Where you see the door way, that will be Mark's home office since he works mostly from home.
This view is taken from the living room. I am standing in the living room looking back towards the entry and over to the now open dining room. We will be removing the rest of the studs that you see and making the opening wide!
While we were working on thehome, a bird flew in and rammed into the window 3 or 4 times. So Mark caught him and took him outside.
Here I am hacking away at the wall that is between the dining room and the kitchen. I am standing in the dining room and the kitchen is behind me. When I am finished, the wall will be gone and the kitchen and dining room will be one large room seperated by a peninsula bar with granite counter tops!
Here is another view from the living room. I am standing in the living room and lookin through to the dining room. The far doorway that you see will also be gone, exposing the kitchen!

Now back to work, we are going to burn the midnight oil to see if we can tear down the rest of the walls that we need to tear down tonight so we can start on the re-building!



5 SPLURTS:

Shelby said...

Erin & Mark---I can't even explain what it does to me when I see demolition! It's borderline naughty!! I'll try to keep most of my thoughts to myself so you don't feel any dirtier than you normally would being spattered with drywall mud & dust!! I will say however; you two are amazing!

Haley Hale said...

Erin- I wasn't at all surprised to see how cute you look during demolition. Things are looking good over there! I would love to come by for a tour!

Leslie said...

Aaaah! I can't believe how much you guys are tearing down. Is that going to be finished when I come sleep at your house at Thanksgiving?!!!

JayandCassandra said...

I can't wait to see before and after shots when it is all done. You guys are miracle workers and will make that place look like a million bucks!

JayandCassandra said...

Come to think of it can we just stalk you guys for the rest of your lives so you can help us w/ your wealth of knowledge in remodeling homes and furniture!?