Thursday, August 02, 2007

School is Back in Session!

Yesterday, George started his first day of school in the 1st grade! My baby boy is growing up so fast. He picked out his outfit the night before and thanks to my Mom, he had a backpack ready to go with a matching water bottle (his favorite part!) Since we aren't moving until the 19th of August, and George expressed that he really wanted to start school with his friends, I thought it would be fine to enroll him for 2 1/2 weeks.
Henry and I walked George to school to speak with his teacher about our situation, and when I walked in the classroom I could't help but be surprised. I had heard that all the 1st grade teachers were older, but George's teacher is a young man (probaby around 23) that has facial piercings! I was a little surprised. Later when I thought about the situation it seemed comical because when I tried speaking to him I kept looking around the room, trying to avoiding eye contact because I couldn't help but gawk at his eyebrow piercing, lip piercing and ear piercings. But after our non-eye contact conversation, I concluded that he really is an "on-the-ball" teacher and George will have a great 2 1/2 weeks.

4 SPLURTS:

Shelby said...

Erin--I hope those were ALL his piercings.......
Where are you enrolling George when you get back to Utah? George looked adorably excited by the way.....

Nikki said...

Wow they start early there! I loved first grade. I still remember my first grade teacher Mrs. Manhan. She was ancient and so nice. We used to do breathing exercises before starting every morning.

A. said...

Hmmm....I guess you weren't brave enough to ask his teacher for a picture. :)

George did a great job of picking out his own outfit! What a handsome young fellow.

Marcie said...

That totally would have shocked me too! I'm sure he gets plenty of comments from his students, too! Good luck with your move & we look forward to meeting up in UT!