Monday, October 16, 2006

Just My Luck!!!

On Sunday morning I was laying in my hospital bed when I heard a rumbling noise and the room around me started shaking. I sat straight up and yelled to Mark, "wake up, wake up!!" Mark jumped out of his pull out chair bed and grabbed the baby, we took cover near the hospital bed while items around us shook, moved across the room and fell off the walls. After the quake was over we were suprised by two more! At that time I lost it and started crying. My first thought was of George and Henry. Our home is on the north shore and we happen to live right on the beach. We tried to get a hold of Terra, my friend who stayed the night with George and Henry, but all the circuts were busy. We were worried about the Tsunami effect! For the first hour all the circuts were jammed and the power was out. A generator came on at the hopital but it couldn't sustain the AC so nurses were rushing around bringing fans to patients. We wanted to check out as soon as possible, but telephone lines were down and we couldn't even get out to the north shore (our hospital was an hour away). After waiting for hours, we were about to leave when the nurse said we had to stay in our rooms, A FIRE had broken out on the first floor of the hospital, they had put it out, but they had to do assessments and no one could leave! ugh...finally at noon we were able to leave and come home to a power outage home....no water, no sewer...no food!!! It was a crazy day, but we are doing ok now!

3 SPLURTS:

Marcie said...

I can't believe all this happened! I'm glad you are all ok. :)

A. said...

Thank you for the update! You were the first people we thought of when we saw the earthquke on the news and you were immediately in our prayers.
What an exciting event though for Theodore to talk about when recalling his birth story to others. lol

Anonymous said...

Wow! Talk about the post partum recovery from you know where!!!
Congratulations on your newest little guy! He is so cute and I can't wait to see the changes in him and your family as he grows in the coming months. I am glad that you and yours are safe! What a very scary experience. One you will definitely want to remember to tell in years to come!