Tuesday, October 01, 2013

A phone call.


My phone rang. 

"Hello," I answered in my polite voice. I didn't recognize the number. 

"Mom, it's Henry." Ah, I should probably add the school's number to my contacts.

"What's up?"

"So . . . I punched a kid."

Jaw to the floor. "What?!?"

"Just kidding. You forgot to sign up for parent teacher conferences. My teacher wants to know when you're coming in."


This little scene from today has taught me two things: 
1. Maybe I'm more of a slacker mom than I actually berate myself for. 
2. My 10 year old is HILARIOUS! 

Hope you enjoy this little Tuesday Tidbit!



11 SPLURTS:

Jaime said...

I LOVE HIM!!! He is so funny!!

Peggy Eddleman said...

Haha! He should get ice cream for that.

Jennie Bennett said...

That is wonderful! I hope my kids pull a prank on me like that sometime :D

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

What a great sense of humor.

Charlie N. Holmberg said...

10 points to Henry!

Nick Wilford said...

That was one way to get your attention!

Kathryn Purdie said...

Nice, Henry. Way to give Mom a literal wake-up call! ;-)

Christene said...

Ooo he sounds fun! I just love how sassy and intelligent our not so little guys can be. And don't worry, we're all slackin' just a little. :)

melissa said...

You're not the only mom who forgot to sign up for parent/teacher conference- just sayin'.

JoMamma said...

I love it!

Jay Noel said...

I had to make that phone call to my Mom when I was in 3rd grade. Unfortunately, I lacked a "punchline."