Monday, March 26, 2012

A winner. A SECRET. A birthday.

1.
Holla' ya'll! We have a WINNER for the head shot contest.

Congratulations Leigh Covington! 
(I'll be contacting you to set up your shooting time. Start digging through your closet for awesome outfits. Or go to Nordstroms. Nordy's is my fav.)

2. 
My secret: I once got a fake ID so I could go clubbing. Sorry Mom, I've failed you. Truth is, the ID was a lame card stock knockoff and the security guy at the club could totally tell. He let me in anyway, but told me to stay away from the bar and out of trouble. I was good with that because all I wanted to do was DANCE. (Cue Abba, Dancing Queen).

3. 
My boys had their birthday's last week. I had them almost exactly two years apart. So basically for one week in March I'm an insane shooting, baking, birthday-planning Momma. 


28 SPLURTS:

A. said...

Oh fun! you'll have to share about their birthdays and what you all did. You calibio women sure throw some great parties! :)

Happy [Belated] Birthday George and Henry!

Cristina said...

I had a fake ID too and, yes I was all about dancing, LOL

your boys are too cute~

Angela Cothran said...

What gorgeous boys :) You will have to beat the girls off them soon!

I'm so jealous of Leigh!!!

Did you know we are neighbors? I'm in American Fork. Peggy said you are close to her.

Shallee said...

Yay for Leigh! And for your cute boys and their birthdays!

And I totally laughed at your fake ID story. You crack me up. :)

Ruth Josse said...

Congrats Leigh! I'm not jealous at all ;)

Your boys are handsome! How awesome to have a week of fun for them.

prerna pickett said...

two boy exactly two years apart! That's crazy, but awesome.

Precy Larkins said...

Birthdays are fun! Happy Birthday to your boys. ;)

Kristine said...

They are such cuties! What's 9 months before now? ;)

Jenny S. Morris said...

Congrats Leigh!! Can't wait to see the picture.

I wouldn't have known where on Earth to get a fake ID.

Such handsome boys.

Peggy Eddleman said...

Yay Leigh! Congrats!

Your boys are gorgeous. Do they know that?

And come on. The real secret is, you've done that more than once, haven't you?

Emily R. King said...

Yay for Leigh! SO JEALOUS!

Jessie Humphries said...

Congrats to Leigh/Abby!

The real secret is that you got sloshed that night and woke up in the grass at the elementary school up the street when the sprinklers went off, right? That would be a more interesting secret. And nooo, that never happened to me! pfshh.

Happy Birthday Teddy Rosevelt and George Bush! ;).

Jennie Bennett said...

Your boys are darling! So sad I didn't win, but so happy for Leigh :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations, Leigh!
And Erin, you always have something intelligent to say in a comment.

amybird0019 said...

My boys are 2 years and 10 days apart. Yesterday they were both sitting at the Sacrament table. It was a pretty cool sight! More blessings and more fun to come!

Carrie Butler said...

Too cute! :)

P.S. Congratulations, Leigh!

Angela Brown said...

Three Cheers, Leigh. Do we get a chance to see the end results? Leigh's gorgeous so I'm sure the headshots will be like PHENOM!

Your boys are so darling. Um, make sure you have some girl-repellent because it looks like those smiles are serious winners. :-)

And I feel like such a dud. I didn't do a fake I.D. I was such a paranoid teen. Wait...sorry, the paranoia's still there lol!!!

Leigh Covington said...

*SQUEE!!!!* Dude you do NOT want to see me running around and dancing like a crazy woman. I can't believe I WON! I am so far beyond stoked that its ridiculous. I think I will take your advice on Nordstroms! *squee- again!*

And your boys are darling! Happy Birthday to them. I have two birthdays in April. I had them almost exactly 3 years apart! Crazy, huh? It's going to be a hectic month.

And don't get me starting on clubbing. LOVED that. Dancing is way too much fun!

JoMamma said...

I had no idea you had a fake id. I may have to re-think our time spent together. Oh wait I had a UVSC id as a Sr in high school, and got into dance with that. Note not clubs but institute dances. That rocked.

Nichole Giles said...

Awesome! Congrats to Leigh. Can't wait to see those awesome shots. Also, congrats on surviving a double birthday month.

Katie Dodge said...

Congrats to Leigh!

Your boys are so cute! And I only used a fake ID once,but it wastn't fake, just someone else's ID. Ahhh, that takes me back. Good times.

Patti said...

Those are great photos. I was never brave enough to get a fake ID, but always wanted to go dance. To bad marriage put an end to that.

David P. King said...

Congrats Leigh! And I can't believe you got away with that. If it were me, they would have sicked the bouncers on me. And a happy bday to your boys! :)

Kelley Lynn said...

Yay Leigh!!!

I tried a fake once. Got caught and scooted away before the cop came over.

Never tried that one again :)

Anonymous said...

Not gonna lie, I wanted the head shoot.... and your boys are studly! And I can't believe you made a fake ID...You're one gutsy woman, I look up to that :)

Jay Noel said...

Happy Birthday to your two handsome boys.

I never got a fake ID, but I looked old for my age, even as a teenager. I once worked a part time job, when I was 17, where I had to give out surveys at the airport.

I had a flight attendant ask me out! I was so innocent, and completely at a loss, so I said that I was dating someone. Looking back, I was STUPID!

Charlie N. Holmberg said...

Curse you Leigh! XD

I find the fake ID thing so funny. Clubs scare me.

RaShelle Workman said...

I got a fake ID once, too. And it wasn't just so I could dance. Erm, I mean, yes, it was totally just so I could dance. Cue live rock n' roll music!