Thursday, February 23, 2012

I have a friend who is always on time.

I have a friend that is always on-time or ten minutes early wherever he has to go. Ridiculous, right? Who does that?
Not me. No, not by a long shot. I was born with late genes. Something about my make-up has a love hate relationship with PROCRASTINATION.

In December I set a goal to finish my WIP by the end of February. This is kind of how that's going:


So, in other words, I'm not sure if I'm going to meet that deadline.

As Joey from friends would say, "How you doin?"

19 SPLURTS:

Kate said...

Ha ha! We might be twins. I'm totally the same way (except I do have an odd fear of being late). Here's to hoping we'll each finish our WIPs without too much delay.

Cristina said...

I had the same exact goal, finish my WIP by the end of this month. Not. Going. To. Happen.

but by end of March for sure, I mean it! we can cheer each other on!

David P. King said...

Ten minutes early? That sounds like me. Now I'm curious who you are talking about. When it comes to MSs, though, I'm a little slow. Remember how I wanted to get my rewrite done by March? Ha! Not happening. Still have 65K to go. :)

Angela Brown said...

LOL!! That's too funny - and too familiar :-)

I wonder if this work on my MS is going so slowly because the deadline is set by me and not an agent or editor? I have the sneaky suspicion that if it were the editor setting the deadline, I'd probably be working a little faster...or so I hope loL!!

Amanda Olivieri said...

Ughhh I am the SAME WAY. I just blogged about procrastination today, too :) The end of the month always brings on the realization of it! March will be a good month though, right? Let's proclaim it Anti-Procrastination Month :)

Sara B. Larson said...

I'm a mix - when it comes to writing I'm like a pitbull, I tear into it until it's either hopelessly destroyed or I get it fixed and done. I go nuts thinking about my stories until I get them done or revised or whatev.

But when it comes to cleaning and organizing my house... SUCH a procrastinator. Le sigh...

Anonymous said...

So when are you coming over to dust for your invalid mom?

Kristine said...

Hahaha! That's awesome.

Peggy Eddleman said...

Hahahaha! The reason you've not turned in your chapter this week, right?

I don't like to be late. But I don't like to be early even more. ;)

I am trying hard not to procrastinate on my writing goals! This week, though, I am so very spent and exhausted. Especially mentally. It's pretty easy to say Those edits aren't due for two months. It's okay to skip the rest of this week... But then there's that fear of hitting step 5. *shudders*

JoMamma said...

You should join me at my procrastinators anonymous meeting. We were going to meet today, but I'm going to reschedule it for tomorrow or maybe Monday. Tomorrow might be to soon.

Leigh Covington said...

LOL! I am one of those people who HAS to be on time. It's ridiculous - I know! That's not to say that I don't procrastinate on "work" stuff tho - cause I totally do! And I love this pic.

Ruth Josse said...

I'm the queen of procrastination! Whenever I have to go somewhere I wait until the last possible minute to get ready. I even figure it out in my head. "If I have to leave by four, then I can sit on the couch until 3:50. That'll give me just the right amount of time." Btw, that has never worked. But that still doesn't stop me from doing it with everything in my life.

Jessie Humphries said...

Join the effin' club! jk. But seriously, lets get this thing going like NOW!

Chelsea said...

That's so funny! I think it's a polynesian thing. People are always late. You tell them one time and they'll be there a few hours later. It drives me crazy!

Charlie N. Holmberg said...

I'm actually that friend who is never late, you're just not aware of it yet. :D

Sophia Chang said...

Duh that's the Chinese. Asian time. You're lucky you've got that mitigated with some white genes, else you'd be an hour or two late.

Precy Larkins said...

Oh boy, isn't that the truth!

*sheepishly moving away from the laptop to get editing pen*

Jay Noel said...

My deadline is end of April, and I'm not stressed over it...yet. I NEED deadlines, and my publisher was nice enough to give me plenty of time.

But I'm sure I will be ready to jump off a bridge by the time April rolls around.

But until then, I'm as cool as a cucumber in a chef's salad.

Anonymous said...


How are you, tidy web site you have here.