Friday, November 11, 2011

11-11-11

In light of 11-11-11, I'll not be entertaining you with Friday's five fantastically fabulous poems.

Instead, I'm aiming to write 11,1111 words today. So in respect of 11-11-11, here's a different type of post for the day.


11 things I'm grateful for:
1. Mark. He's a wonderfully, kind and loving hubby and friend.
2. Kiddos. Mostly when they're not wrecking the house. But regardless, I love them.
3. Ma and Pa. The best parents ever. Even when I'm not the best daughter.
4. Friends. Walls that I lean on probably too much.
5. Music. I-tunes junkie. Anyone check out Kaskade's new album yet? Seriously addicted.
6. Movies. Preferably at the dollar theater in PG.
7. Books. They are my crack and the PG Library is my supplier.
8. Shoes. Imelda ain't got nothing on me.
9. Cameras. I hope to one day capture a scene so inspiring it leaves me breathless.
10. Jesus. Because he's everything.

11. You...(Yes, if you came to my blog earlier, you can see I just added this. I guess that would mean I'm grateful that I have friends that let me know of my mistakes. And I'm grateful that my brain works 10 out of 11 times).

What are you grateful for today?

19 SPLURTS:

Faith E. Hough said...

My list would be pretty similar! (Actually my husband's name is Mark, too, so it would be very similar...)
Also, for the gorgeous autumn weather here in New England.
Good luck with your writing goal!!

Kristine said...

I love reading your blog, Erin. Just and FYI. Your list was so sweet. Happy lotsa eleven day to you too!

Jennie Bennett said...

I love your list!! Have you ever heard of Spotify? It's like iTunes only with free music (it's not illegal I SWEAR) you should check it out! I'm listing to Kaskade right now becasue you suggested it, nice tunes :) and good luck with word count! I think my brain would die before I achieved that count in a day.

Julianne Donaldson said...

Great list! I'm thankful for awesome writer friends who motivate me. I need to set a word goal and get on it. I'm also thankful for photographers (like you) who capture the beauty in the world.

Jenny S. Morris said...

Nice job on the list. I just do one run on sentence to tell you mine.

My hubby and kids, my family who is oh so far away, my hubby's family who is sometimes is unbareably close, creative stories in books, movies and TV, chocolate, warm clothes, and FRIENDS: bloggy friends and friends who don't have a clue about books at all. Oh, and music.

Aubrey said...

Did you realize that's only 10?

Love the list! Love you!

i'm erin. said...

Aubrey! I just peed my pants. Hilarious.

Jessica G. said...

I totally ripped off your idea and put it on my blog today. I even gave you credit. :)
Wanna race to the 50k finish line?

Cristina said...

awesome list. So many things to be grateful for!

and 11,1111 words? you go girl... I'm lucky if I can write 1000

Abby Fowers said...

Love it. Great to remember what we're thankful for. Hmmm... today I am thankful for sunshine. It keeps me happy. :)

Unknown said...

11,111 words? My-oh-my, that is ambitious. Best of luck!

Charlie N. Holmberg said...

How sweet.

I'm thankful for my husband, family, and for my stock options that will pay for my jaw correction crapola. :D

Iain said...

No poem today?
That made me sad.
But your eleven things,
They made me glad! :o)

Precy Larkins said...

Wonderful list! There are a lot of things I'm grateful for--like finding you in the blogosphere. :)

Have a great weekend!

JoMamma said...

I hope you remembered to go to harts yesterday and to get your free drink. That would have made my list. That is a wonderful list.

JoMamma said...

I hope you remembered to go to harts yesterday and to get your free drink. That would have made my list. That is a wonderful list.

JoMamma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DEZMOND said...

ah, shoes :) Did you know that up until 18th century or something like that, we didn't at all have left and right shoes, but just one same model for both feet? Imagine that!

Anonymous said...

you forgot to put that you are thankful harts on the 11th day of every month in 2011! don't tell me you forgot to go to harts on 11-11-11!!!