Thursday, October 20, 2011

reading update - dragons and hot guys.

Slayers by C. J. Hill 


My Take: 
It's kind of like Rampant, but with dragons instead of unicorns. And by the end of the first book I don't loathe the main character and think she's a complete and total whore. That being said, I loved that CJ Hill crafted such a heart tugging romantic plot line without the smut.
Along with the romance, the action and adventure plotting is excellent. Each chapter brought new twists and turns that kept the book moving forward. Never a dull moment.
CJ hill excels in writing true to life characters that pop off the page.
This is a book you'll want on your Do Not Touch shelf.


What they say about it:
Dragons exist. They’re ferocious. And they’re smart: Before they were killed off by slayer-knights, they rendered a select group of eggs dormant, so their offspring would survive. Only a handful of people know about this, let alone believe it – these “Slayers” are descended from the original knights, and are now a diverse group of teens that includes Tori, a smart but spoiled senator’s daughter who didn’t sign up to save the world.

The dragon eggs have fallen into the wrong hands. The Slayers must work together to stop the eggs from hatching. They will fight; they will fall in love. But will they survive?


You Shouldn't read this if:
All you like is poorly crafted smut. Go for Rampant. 
You're opposed to cruelty to fire-breathing, people-eating dragons.
You're illiterate. For obvious reasons.

12 SPLURTS:

Abby Fowers said...

LOL. I adore you. Seriously - you are so much fun. This is a great review. It seems like I must add it to my TBR list, since I do not fall into the "you shouldn't read this if" list. :)

Sarah Tokeley said...

How can I not read this after a review like that :-)

Jenny S. Morris said...

Best review ever! I have to read this.

Megan (Best of Fates) said...

Those dragons? Sound adorable. I'm in.

Jessie Humphries said...

Sorry I only read smut! ;).

DEZMOND said...

there's a love factor in it too?:)))

Peggy Eddleman said...

I think I may just love this book! Can I touch yours?

i'm erin. said...

Peggy, you know I don't roll like that.

Abby and sarah and Jenny, I hope you love it as much as I do.

Emily R. King said...

I am opposed to fire-breathing dragons, and me being illiterate is debatable at times. I best stay away from this one.

Chantele Sedgwick said...

I didn't like Rampant either! And the main character was my reason too! :P I told myself if she talked about being a virgin one more time I'd throw the book across the room. Pretty sure it happened at least 5 times... ;)

I can't wait to read this. Romance without the smut is my favorite! :D And I heart dragons.

Great review.

Precy Larkins said...

LOL! Your reviews are so much fun (and interesting). This doesn't sound like my kind of read so I think I'll pass. ;)

Thanks for the review!

Taffy said...

I just got this book in the mail! Excited to read it even more thanks to your lovely review :)