Friday, October 28, 2011

friday five - killer characters

I was thinking to myself how neat it would be
if five lethal characters could hang out with me
five deadly acts that have drawn my attention
five killers that can't go without mention. 

First, I'd invite Sydney Bristow the spy
When she wore the red wig, she first caught my eye
There isn't a foe she can't fight and kill.
She'll kick your A if you're up in her grill.


Second, I'd call on my main man Ash
And not just because he'd be just as handsome in a stache'
He's the ice-prince, he's deadly, he'll kill you on sight
But for a girl, he'll go to the end of the earth, and put up a fight. 

Third, there's Chuck. If I'm being honest he's no threat,
If he was fighting one of the other characters he wouldn't get my bet.
But he's lovable, and funny, and sometimes he kick's A.
So he makes my list because meeting him would make my day.

Fourth, I was tempted to talk about Noah and not Mara
He's surprisingly alluring despite his girl drama
But she's the real killer in this haunting tale
She's vulnerable, curious, and holding a secret as big as a whale.

Fifth should've been first, because Michael is the man, 
Except when he's dancing around like a killer without a tan. 
(Ok, so I get that probably applies to the last half of his life,
but the man's Thriller is a genius and it made me want to be his wife)

There you have it, five characters I want to meet.
Killers, well, most of them, but still they'd be cool to greet!

What Lethal persona is the top of your list?
Who would scare your pants off if he came at you out of the mist?

21 SPLURTS:

Jessie Humphries said...

Oh crap I forgot about Killer Character Blogfest again!!!??? So when you say "dead to me"...did you mean like Michael Jackson Thriller dead? Cuz that would mean you actually love me. And are you planning on becoming a poet when you didnt even know it?
Cool post!

Angela Cothran said...

Sydney is a great choice. I love her--she has mad skills. I've never read The Iron Knight. Now I will have too! Ash sounds amazing :)

Emily R. King said...

LOL! The Michael one is great. And I agree with you. Mara is the one to fear. Thanks for participating!

Cristina said...

you lost me at Noah... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Jennie Bennett said...

Michael would. Hands down :)

Jenny S. Morris said...

I LOVE your list. And, now I love you even more because I know you like Chuck. I also, might have been trying to dance to Thriller in my car last night.

Donna K. Weaver said...

I love your poems. They're awesome. I'd forgotten those MJ eyes. Yikes.

Tasha Seegmiller said...

I love that you put in Michael Jackson's Thriller. Way to think outside the box :)

Leigh Ann said...

*GASP*

Sydney Bristow!

Chuck!

How do you know my two favorite television characters OF ALL TIME????

Can we please be best friends?

And watch those shows together?


AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Abby Fowers said...

LOL! You are so awesome. I love Thriller! Love MJ. Love your poetry!

Kelley said...

Adorbs :)

Iain said...

Knowing my luck, they'd mostly be duff.
Would any of them, would be that tough.

The invisible man would be on my side,
At the first sign of trouble, he'd go off and hide.

Homer Simpson, would be on my team.
He'd run away, with a girly scream.

Then there'd be Abbot and Costello.
They're no good, cos inside they're yellow.

That would leave Erin, the Keep Fit Queen.
She'd be the coolest hero on the scene.

DEZMOND said...

love the cover for IRON KNIGHT!

Peggy Eddleman said...

You and Michael married... that scared me to death right there!

I'd say anyone coming after me with a chain saw, axe, sword, scythe, or any other sharp and/or pointy object would scare the pants off me. Even if they looked like Angela Lansbury. Hmm. Maybe ESPECIALLY if they looked like Angela Lansbury.

Awesome poem!

i'm erin. said...

Iain from England you are the best,
when you write poems it warms my chest.

i'm erin. said...

Leigh Ann! Those are totally my two favorite characters ever on tv...We are total blog besties now!

Sarah Tokeley said...

I love the rhyming post :-)

Alexis Bass said...

Love this! Mara Dyer - def on my killer characters list. I need to read about this Ash character :)

Carterista said...

I seriously GUFFAWED at the line about MJ. "Ok, so I get that probably applies to the last half of his life," LOLROF!!!

Cruise to the Max said...

In my list would Jason Bourne, from the movies, not the books.

Patti said...

I love Sydney. After that show all I wanted to be able to do is kick someone's you know what.

A lot of characters creep me up so its hard to choose just one.