Monday, August 29, 2011

egg-actly what i'm talking about.

Did you know that regular store eggs come out brown and are bleached white?

I'm ashamed to admit my ignorance, but I didn't know that until Doug, my step-father-in-law-once-removed, handed me a dozen eggs from his chickens (that live in his back yard) and told me just that. He said, "Did you know they bleach store bought eggs white?" I said, "Really? That's weird. Why don't they just keep them brown."
"I dunno," he said. "Probably because people like the look of it."

Well, I thought about that. Not for too long or anything. It's not like I'm sitting around pondering the color of the almighty egg for days on end. It just struck me as odd. Why can't brown eggs stay brown? I can't say I ever gave it much thought...here I go with the thinking about it all again...and what I came to think about it is this:

I think brown eggs look mighty fine and real purty. Maybe if we all though that then we'd have speckly brown eggs instead of bleached white eggs. There. I done said it. I like brown better than white. Call me an egg-cist.

Holla' ya'll for the brown egg. 
Now don't them eggs look nice?

7 SPLURTS:

Chantal Marie said...

I too like brown eggs better. Mostly because I like the brown chickens better. The white ones are all skinny and nasty looking. The brown chickens are thick and fluffy and allow my children to carry them around. Brown power! (I wish I was brown(; )

Taffy said...

Many eggs do come out white. Some are even green! We LOVE the colorful eggs. Isn't it ironic that we color the white eggs for Easter??

Anonymous said...

Commercial eggs aren't bleached, they are already white. They are, however, bathed in a mild chlorine solution to kill off any bacteria on the shell.

Kristine said...

Ditto ramdastro - that's what I was going to say.

Brown eggs sure are pretty though!

JoMamma said...

I'm glad you have egg-cepted the brown eggs.

keishkaylaaazzalea@gmail.com said...



Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

Suplemen Pelangsing Herbal
Suplemen Peremajaan Kulit
Obat Herbal Penyakit Gastritis
Obat Herbal Patah Tulang
Jenis Suplemen Yang Baik Dikonsumsi Ibu Hamil
Suplemen Kesehatan Tulang
Obat Tradisional Penurun Kolesterol
Suplemen Penurun Kolesterol Dalam Darah
Suplemen Penurun Kolesterol Tinggi
Green World Blueberry Concentrate

Sump Pump Installation Memphis said...

This was loveely to read