Friday, June 11, 2010

A Day in the Life.

1. Roll out of bed. Jump out of bed with a smile on my face, ready to confront the world.
2. Fall back into bed Take a moment to reflect after sneaking a glance at your bed-raggled, and puffy-eyed self.  and comb out your lovely locks.
3. Wait till the baby monitor crackles with sounds of your kids squawking like baby birds.
4. Pull on favorite teal sweats -- ah, take a moment to thank the Good Lord that He inspired Mom 15 years ago to sew a pair of sweats instead of buying a $10 pair at the Walmart (frugalness rocks).
5. Get something to eat for the kiddos, flip on PBS, and steal away to the office where the computer is always left running.
6.  Mess around on facebook, read a few blogs. Check emails.
     a. Click all 23 spam emails and mass-delete
     b. Rejection - put in REJECT Folder
     c. Photog Client - smile huge because they love their rockin' awesome shots.
         Photoshop is a God send.
     d. Rejection from the-one-and-only-agent-I'd-sell-my-soul-to-the-devil-to-be-her-client.
              i. Read said rejection again. And again. And again. Double check to make sure the agent is postive about not wanting to represent your work.
             ii. Blink twice, and read once more.
             iii. Make the ugly sobbing sound Clair Dains popularized in ROMEO AND JULIET
             iv. Bawl like a friggin' baby. Cry. A lot.

7. Drive kids to store to buy diet coke and chocolate. Lots of chocolate.
8. Commiserate with friends about loser-ness and ignite a firestorm of arguments on facebook when you leave a small comment about said sadness.
9. Thank the Good Lord when sweet couple cancels their shoot because of the wind the Good Lord sent. He knows I needed a night off.
10. Rush to Macaroni Grill (one of the three restaurants that I'll actually eat at) and drown sorrows in a big bowl of Penne Rustica.
11. Meander through the Riverwoods, and discover a store created just for me!!! It's all candy and toys and candy. Heaven on earth.
12. Come home and laugh A** off when reading the firestorm that brewed on FB.
13. Realize that my writing was never perfect in the first place, and it's time to edit.
14. After staying up till 2am, and drinking unfathomable amounts of DC, thank the Good Lord once more when sweet hottie hubby brings you a burger for lunch.  And it's just the kind I like.

15 SPLURTS:

JoMamma said...

You said it Thank the Lord for Chocholate to help us through hard times.

Peggy said...

I love you, Erin.

kellieanne said...

Sweets are Gods way of letting us know he loves us. That's why we crave them and love to share them. I love you Erin.

i'm erin. said...

Oh, you guys so get it! I love you three too and can't wait for GNO.

Michelle said...

Erin, this is Michelle Brätt, who lived in your house when it was a DISASTER before you bought it. Memba? I've stalked your blog, basically since that time:) You know why? Because you are an incredibly talented (blogger) writer. I swear, your blog is alive! I get more personality from your short posts than I do from all people all week. I can only imagine what your novel is like! I think you are amazing:) Keep your chin up. You'll totally be published. And I can't wait to read your book. (Do you even understand how freakin rad you are for even writing a book? Most of us never even dream of being half that cool! Seriously.) ...And please don't read my blog. It su-hucks!

i'm erin. said...

Michelle! Long time no see! Thank you so much for saying all of that. Seriously, I needed it. YOu are so awesome. And yes, now I will stalk your blog. HOw are you guys? YOu should come by and see this crazy house. WE love it.

The Dixon Family said...

All the greats have gotten rejected including J.K. and S.M. Queen-of-Vampires. One day that agent is going to be the one whose sad they wrote that rejection & you will have an agent who's a better fit for you. Until then, keeping working and enjoy the chocolate.

Crystal said...

one day, one day. i KNOW it will happen! you are so talented in SO many ways... just watch. you'll see!

Sara B. Larson said...

I totally understand your pain. if you need to talk, don't hesitate to call. I've been so much, I stopped counting. It WILL happen. Just persevere. And keep eating chocolate :)luv you!

Sara B. Larson said...

that was supposed to say "I've been rejected so much" Gavin keeps grabbing my keyboard and my hands.

Petersons said...

Have you been to Nicole Hill's website? Nicolehill.blogspot.com Your photography reminds me of hers...she's so talented like you!

Leslie said...

that book WILL get published - I know it. just remember all the loser boys you dated before Mark. The rejections now are just from the loser agents/publishers and soon you'll get the best acceptance ever from a gem of a publisher!!!

and then you can buy me cute shoes. and Haribo bears.

p.s. tell Mark that my Forerunner and I are bff's now. Last week it wouldn't turn on and I about had a meltdown cause I love it that much. Then I read the manual and rebooted it. And I came in first place in my local 2 mile race last Saturday. Sure, it was first for just for the 30-39 group (and I was like #57 in a group of maybe 200), but I beat out the other 17 in my age group, ha ha!

Robyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robyn said...

Erin, you are AMAZING! Don't be so hard on yourself, some of us wish we could be you. If I was there I would make you a pan of caramel brownies. Since I'm not, just imagine them. It will save me the time and you the calories. hehehe! LOVE YOU!!!

Unknown said...


Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

Suplemen Pelangsing Herbal
Suplemen Peremajaan Kulit
Obat Herbal Penyakit Gastritis
Obat Herbal Patah Tulang
Jenis Suplemen Yang Baik Dikonsumsi Ibu Hamil
Suplemen Kesehatan Tulang
Obat Tradisional Penurun Kolesterol
Suplemen Penurun Kolesterol Dalam Darah
Suplemen Penurun Kolesterol Tinggi
Green World Blueberry Concentrate