Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Hair today, gone tomorrow.

No fear, concerned friends and neighbors and relatives and blog stalkers--Mark has not become a member of Al Qaeda. He is not a serial killer. And as far as I know he's not planning to ditch our family for a tent in the woods and a shovel for bathroom facilities.



But it seems that everybody wants to know what the beard is all about. At first I think it grew out of sheer laziness. He didn't want to take the time to shave everyday. Mark grows hair like I eat M&Ms (or did, but that's another story). It's practically a super power. By 5:00 PM he doesn't have the "five o'clock shadow". No my friends. He has what other men consider "two day's growth."
In short, Mark is one hairy dude.


So as the days passed, and Mark's hair grew and grew, he decided to use his super power for the good of mankind (well, for the good of Xango's employees, and the kick they'd get out of a Xango inspired beard cut). On the 5th of May Mark shaved his burliness down to two X's criss-crossing his face. And in return he won the Xango annual mustache contest. 

So hot, right?
Believe me, it didn't last long. But Mark is uberly pleased that he won the contest. And I have to admit, the gift basket from Bath and Body Works smells pretty dang good! 


13 SPLURTS:

tammy said...

Lookin' good, Mark! Genius idea & congratulations--Erin never told me she had her very own BHM on premises!

Peggy said...

Oh my gosh. That is one awesome post! Those pictures rock! As does Marks double Xs. Tell him congrats on being hirsute and on winning the contest! (A contest whose reward is clearly for the wife, not the husband.)

Bobbi said...

Sick. (I mean that in a good way, of course.)

Sara B. Larson said...

Wow, that is an impressive beard for sure. I don't think my hubby could grow a beard like that if he let it grow for 2 months!! ;-) I'm glad he won!

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
My6littlemen said...

OH, yah!! Go Summerill hair growth! It finally paid off for someone.

Unknown said...

I tell my husband he's starting to look all Al Qaeda too.

JoMamma said...

I have been very impressed with his beard. I'm glad he won the contest.

Kira said...

Member Mark Hacking? Yeah, when all that went down Jay totally looked like him! People would say stuff about it all the time. I had to remind him repeatedly not to kill me. Congrats to Mark for having a "killer" beard. Pun intended.

Ella said...

were you trying to make his eyes look like a hungry vampire? Cause they remind me of edwards eyes. Cool pic BTW.

Sarah said...

Buy that man a watch fob!

A. said...

That's Awesome! Men get to do fn things like that. I could do my hair, but it takes waaaay too long to grow back. Maybe I could do it on my legs?? :P

Ipo said...

You are hilarious as always!! Love reading your stuff!!