Tuesday, September 29, 2009

How I robbed my friend.

You see, it all started with a plate of Lemon Lust--divine, melt-in-your-mouth, Lemon bars. A wonderful recipe my dear friends, Tammy and Kellie, gave me last year. I thought I'd try the recipe for my dad's 60th birthday and then with the half of the pan we didn't eat, of course I had to take pictures. As I shot the bars, I figured it would only be prudent and friendly of me to share a plate of these with Tammy, the originator of the recipe. Forgoing a bra or even changing out of my sweats, I plunked my camera down, grabbed the plate, and hauled over to Tammy's home to deliver the sweet treats.
Tammy invited me in...or I barged in (that's never a clear fact when remembering these type of meetings with friends)...and then I handed over my plate of Lemon Lust. "OH, my dear Erin" she said. "Why, thank you." (well to be honest, that's probably not exactly what she said, but as I replay the memory in my mind the Gone-with-the-wind type vernacular suits her)

Then Tammy turned to me and offered a trade. A trade? Of course I am always in for a good deal. My ears perked up and I followed her deeper into the home. Where there she presented me with something spectacular. Marvelous. Mouthwatering...but not edible. Something I'd drooled over (but not on) just a couple weeks earlier. I coveted it. I desired it. I even toyed with the idea of taking a photography break to make one of my own. Do you know what I'm talking about yet?

The woman handed me a QUILT!

Seriously. I was like No freaking way!!! This is the exact quilt that I offered to buy off her just weeks earlier.

Now what was that trade again?
Tammy named the trade, and my jaw dropped to the floor. Not because I would be giving up a whole lot. But because she was giving me a QUILT, for the little I would be giving her.


Well what did I do?

Of course, I made out like a bandit and robbed my friend of this quilt. Do I feel a bit guilty? Sure. Am I going to give back the QUILT? Um...if I say no will you think less of me?

There you have it.

Tammy, thank you from the bottom of my cold heart for the most beautiful quilt in the world. Which as I even write this I realize I have not robbed you once for the most beautiful quilt in the world, but 3 more times.

Thank you again for the three quilts you have given me, and the most wonderful valentine's table runner. I am most certain that I will never be able to repay you, but I will do my best to keep my end of the deal ten times over!

10 SPLURTS:

Kristina P. said...

What a great friend!

Kahilau said...

What a sweet friend! All my friends wish I was that talented and that nice!

Peggy said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!

So what was your end of the deal? You can't be all vague like that with us! It's like writing a book that ends with with a cliffhanger and no resolution... I'm just sayin.

JoMamma said...

I've got to learn to cook so I can make awesome trades like that.

Kayleen said...

Hey Tammy! Will you be my friend? ;)

Ella said...

What was the occasion? No one gives a quilt for lemon lust!!

Weight Family said...

Yeah, she's a good friend. Keep her close!

Haley Hale said...

I am SO jealous!

Julianne said...

I want the recipe for those lemon bars! And the quilt! It's to die for lovely.

Carolyn said...

I tried that lemon bar recipe a few months ago and yes...it could very well be worth a quilt! It was delicious! Maybe I should bring a treat over to Tammy's, she is an amazing quilter!!!