Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Life as I know it.

1. Showed up late to my aerobics class. *sigh* It's becoming the norm.


2. Ran out halfway through aerobics--I forgot to send boys to gymnastics (in the same building).


3. After aerobics, nursed Ruby in the gym corner. (Screaming babies take precedence over possible uncomfortable on-lookers) For Pete's sake, I had a blanket covering me.


4. Shoved seven squirrely kids into my van and took them to a library party - so much for being quiet.


5. Shoved seven squirrely kids into the van again to go to swim lessons. Then immediately un-shoved because one forgot her shoes somewhere at the library party. (Do you need to take off your shoes everywhere we go?)


6. Re-shoved kids back into van and raced to swim lessons.


7. Late again.


8. Shouted directions at 6 running kids as they broke pool rules and bolted toward their teachers.


9. Relaxed with Ruby in the mom and tot class -- ah, peace.


10. Dried off 6 squirrely kids.


11. Physically restrained myself from beating (my) toddler when he chucked his shoe at Ruby's head.


12. Calmed screaming kids.


13. Searched pool vicinity for 3 missing kids.


14. Shoved all 7 kids back in van and headed peacefully down the road.


15. Yelled at toddler to get back in seat and stop jumping on booster.


16. Choked on diet Pepsi when oldest randomly decided to open van door as we're cruising down the road.


17. Swore in front of 6 kids when I saw a police officer behind me viewing all the mayhem.


18. Finished reading Actor and the Housewife and chucked it across the room.



ASK THE AUDIENCE: How was your day?

17 SPLURTS:

Peggy said...

Suddenly, I love the word "squirrely." I wish you best of luck getting through the rest of the week!

Sara said...

Chucked Actor and the Housewife? Why? didn't like it? Most of my friends have LOVED it. I liked it, thought it was funny, but it wasn't my fave. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts. THe rest of your day sounds lovely - and so familiar, except, minus 5 of those kids! ;-)

i'm erin. said...

OH Sara! I hated it! I loathed it! It will never never never touch rub covers with a book on my 'do not touch' shelf.

well written, but ugh.

Brooke said...

Better than yours, worse than some. Sounds like such a crazy day! I've been there...every day! Good luck!

Melony said...

See, this is why I love you! You're so normal! I could basically just photocopy that and put it on my site as my day!

Maman Pélissié said...

Thankfully, I am cracking up, yet again, at your words. So funny, and wondering now if:
-you have given up the idea of having 7 kids?
-you are going to ditch me and not go meet Shannon Hale?
Really want your real thoughts on Actor and the Housewife.

Jocelyn said...

uuum... my day is going rather boring? haha nah DANG that was quite epic reading, Erin! And i promise to be on time tomorrow for aerobics... ready for you to kick mine!!

Ipo said...

I'm tired after reading this post, just dog-gone tired.

JoMamma said...

I thought you only had four kids. Man its been a long time since we hung out together.

Weight Family said...

LOL! Love it! My advise: Get rid of the extra kids and quit talking about books so much, then finding your kids will be easier. Maybe start using your child locks.
You SO make me laugh!

Jason, Tiffany, and the Crew said...

Erin, you make me so happy! I love that you will share your crazy day with the rest of us so we can enjoy the humor of it all. :) Also, your amazing, seven little ones, WOW...you deserve a bubble bath and a milkshake tonight!

Julianne said...

Oh, the insanity of it all sounds so familiar! You might be pulling your hair out now but your kids will remember the swim lessons and the gymnastics and the library as some of their best childhood memories. So pat yourself on the back--you're doing great.

Rach said...

CHaotic! I love a FAST chaotic day...I find that I sleep much better that night.

Just requested Poison Study..I hope the library gets it soon. I can't wait.

A. said...

You lead such an exciting life. :D I thought I had full day yesterday until I read yours. lol Wish we lived closer so I could see you in action...maybe even get swept up in some of it. :)
By the way, blanket or no blanket, if an onlooker is looking uncomfortably at you for feeding your baby (the way God intended, mind you...i don't think milk squirts out of our boobs after birth for no reason), then it's their own problem for LOOKING. Do they think they will see nmore flesh than the car and beer ad women show? :P

Sara said...

Erin you crack me up. What did you loathe about it? Just the plotline? The ending? What would you have done different?

Miss Eliza Shumway said...

haha! i luv ya erin! you're amazing.

big8smiley said...

Gosh, none of that even sounds familiar. LOL! I can't imagine living my life with such chaos!