Monday, April 27, 2009

Monday's Fit Tip Mania

Remember me? Ms. Fit Tip. Yeah, I know, Long time no see eh? I'm back and in force. I'll try my best to be here every Monday for your fit tip needs and to rejuvenate the YEAR OF THE GREAT SLIM DOWN...don't think I've forgotten about it because I've been a little preoccupied.

FIT TIP OF THE DAY: Turn the T.V. OFF!

If you are anything like me, you wanna munch while you veg out to the boob tube. Yes? No? Either way, wasting that much time saturating yourself in idle gazing is no good for anyone. Yep, that includes me. Over the last few months I have tried to cut down my t.v. watching habits to one night a week. FO' REAL! I know, you're like 'whatevers'. But I am totally serious. I noticed that when I'm not lounged out in front of the media box after the kids go to bed, then I am also not MUNCHING--one of my big downfalls.

ASK THE AUDIENCE: What do you think? Agree? Disagree? What T.V. shows are you willing to kick to the curb? What must you still see?

8 SPLURTS:

Brooke said...

My favorite thing to do? Munch while watching The Biggest Loser...Yeah, I know, I'm bad.

holmesfam.blogspot.com said...

I totally agree...that is why we only have 5 stations, there really isn't that much to watch without cable or dish. Plus our kids don't watch as much TV either. We do watch movies though, but I try to limit that to weekends only

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

I'm not a muncher while I watch TV - but I am most of the rest of the day (sigh).

Nick and Emily said...

i can kick the biggest loser. all it does it make me gain weight. ha ha ha.

the fowlers said...

I like riding an exercise bike while I watch TV.
Then I forget what my legs are doing.

Honey and Hotstuff said...

That is my way of "numbing myself" before I go to bed. But I don't eat and watch.. causes too many accidents!

A. said...

Agree. Although... I'm not that good about not watching tv at night. So if one must watch tv, I suggest folding laundry or doing some other task while watching. Then you get something done, and your hands are too busy reach into a snack bag or bowl. :)

big8smiley said...

I must still watch them ALL! But I don't munch while I watch, so that's a plus. I couldn't give up The Office, or Survivor, or Lost, or American Idol, or Apprentice. OK, maybe I am a LOSER! That last couple hours of the day when the kids are in bed is my sanity time!!!