Friday, February 27, 2009

What are my kids learning at school?

Today Henry was noticably early for school, so to burn time I had him practice writing and drawing. Once I got him going on an activity, I left to get the two youngest ready for the day. When I returned it was nearly time for Henry and George to leave for school.

As Henry pulled his coat on, I happened to look at the paper he was working on. Next to a cute picture of a dinosaur/half man I read:

I see lundin
I see Frantz
I see

Normally when I decipher his writing and I can figure out what he's written, but this time I was baffled.

"Henry," I called, "what does this say?"
He rolled his eyes at me (of course I should have been able to read it).
In his so totally annoyed voice he said, "It says I see London, I see France, I see..."
Of course this is where I stopped him.

It's always nice to see the great things my boys are learning!

13 SPLURTS:

Kristina P. said...

Hee, hee! This made me laugh!

missionary mama said...

too cute!

big8smiley said...

Thanks to all those darn kids at school! My kids come home with some gems too. How does all this same stuff keep circulating from when we were little? Can't they think of anything new? Come ON!

Kristine said...

I always laugh at that too - I thought those kinds of jokes were original when I was a kid, just like they do, but now I realize they werent!

Weight Family said...

Love it! Our Hunter somehow learned "happy, happy, joy, joy" from the Ren and Stimpy cartoon... which has never been on in our house. Seriously, who knows where it comes from.

holmesfam.blogspot.com said...

Too funny...but wait, is Henry your boy that is in my Rachel's class? Just kidding....I know, it is scary what they come home with!

Cruise to the Max said...

It may be my fault that this has occured. I was singing that little tune to them this morning. Recently the boys watched Dr. Doolittle 2 and in that movie there is a monkey that sings "There's a place in France where the naked monkeys dance", and Henry was singing that this morning. They think it is so funny. The reference to France triggered my memory of the other tune that I taught them. I can sing the rest of it to you later if you would like babe since Henry did not finish writing it.

i'm erin. said...

ha ha very funny Mark

Just SO said...

Public education at it's best.

Nick and Emily said...

i don't know where else he could've learned such a silly song. Definitely blame the school.

Carterista said...

School? Not school! KIDS at school.
And that's only what he dares tell you....

Kayleen said...

i love the innocence of children. so cute!

Janette Rallison said...

Well, at least he's working on geography. Sort of . . .