Monday, December 15, 2008

Monday's FIT TIP MANIA!!!

Last night a good friend came over to teach me how to make home made caramels from heavy cream...yum! They turned out awesome, a little too awesome. I cant seem to keep myself away from the pan of caramels. I'm sure some of you out there know what I am talking about. It's as if the pan of caramels is talking to me, taunting me, trying to lure me to eat more and more and MORE! AGGGGHHHHHH...so I decided to heat up a bowl of vegetable chicken soup, drink a glass of water and munch on an apple. Surprisingly, after I filled my tummy with the warm fulfilling soup, my will-power has revved up. (kung foo chop) Back off CARAMELS!

TIP OF THE DAY: If you find your self mesmerized by the sweet Christmas treats lying around your home, fill your belly with something warm and satisfying (a chunky soup) and drink a glass of water. Just having a full stomach will help you walk away from those treats having only eaten a few instead of the entire pan!

5 SPLURTS:

Kahilau said...

Thank you for that tip. That is just what I was looking for today! I will be drinking LOTS of water today!

Robyn said...

Am I supposed to have a full belly before or after the treats? I'm so confused!

Just SO said...

Bring the caramels to my house. I'll keep them safe for you.

Ipo said...

A belly full of homemade caramels!! Now that's what I'm talking about!!

kellieanne said...

Drats! I should have sat in on one of those carmel making sessions. Now I'll have to wait til next year to learn how to make them. I think Tammy is probably "carmel-making out." Wait. Maybe I should have written "carmel-making pooped out." I don't know. No matter how I write that it don't look right.