Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Got Tips for Holiday Healthy Living?

Hey all, I am collecting your tips for Holiday Healthy Living right now. Did you know the average American gains between 5 and 10 pounds over the holidays?!? Now that baby is out, and I am trying to get back IN to my old clothes, I am going to restart my Fit Tip Monday...so I would love to share some of your fit tips every Monday over the next 8 weeks. If you have a great Fit Tip, leave it in the comments or shoot me an email at erinsummerill (at) hotmail (dot) com.

5 SPLURTS:

Just SO said...

Ummm....don't eat fruitcake?

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

I recently heard about these post partum bands that are supposed to help your body get back - I guess the first 3 months after you deliver your body produces some hormone that makes it so that your bones & everything can "shift" back to where they were (or where you want them to be). So when you combine the belt w/ the hormone it's supposed to help you "shrink" back & even help you to tone the leftover flab (I know I've got some left). I didn't pick one up yet but oh it's tempting if it helps get me back into my favorite jeans!

Robyn said...

Keep the treats up high--calories are terrified of heights. There's my advice!

Bobbi said...

My tip for Holiday Healthy Living: DO NOT MAKE THIS RECIPE FOR 5 MINUTE COFFEE CUP CHOCOLATE CAKE:

4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons baking cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
3 tablespoons oil
a small splash of vanilla extract
1 coffee mug

Add dry ingredients to mug and mix well
Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
Add the chocolate chips ( if using ) and vanilla extract, and mix again.

Put your coffee mug into the microwave for three minutes at 1000 watts.
(vary the time just a little either way according the the wattage of your microwave ) The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed.

Allow to cool and tip out onto a plate if desired.
EAT! (This can serve 2 if you want to feel sightly more virtuous).

Why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world? Because now we are only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night.

JoMamma said...

Oh Bobbi you put a huge smile on my face.

Here is my tip don't have Thanksgiving at your house. You will not have all the leftovers in your fridge if you can get someone else to host the holiday for you.