Friday, October 24, 2008

when...oh when?!?

My boys all were born at 38 weeks on the dot! My due date by my calculations is October 31...which puts me past the 38 week mark; however, my doctor says I am measuring small and he wants to push my due date back to the 14th of November. I scoffed at him and said "yeah right!" So I told him I would be willing to settle on the 6th...which would put me at 38 weeks now. Thus, the point of my blog, why isn't she here now? WHEN...OR WHEN will she be here?


Ask the Audience: Any blog friendly labor induction suggestions (except from Tanja...your suggestions are OUT...you know what I mean)?

p.s. this lovely tummy is not mine...just a stock photo of a pretty belly friend.

18 SPLURTS:

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

I'm with you, except I'm 39 wks. Go to preggot.blogspot.com - scroll back a page or so & there are a bunch of different ways posted on how to get that baby out (mine has till today before I start taking action). Good luck!

big8smiley said...

Go ahead and have the baby on Halloween and show your Dr who is in charge! We have a Halloween baby and he is turning 4 this year. Then we could celebrate together. :) I think it's ridiculous to tell a mother-to-be the due date is changed. That is probably one of the main causes of insanity with pregnant women. Just keep it the same.

HeaddaMarie said...

Girl you crack me up! I don't have any ways to get labor going. With my last one I spent the whole day walking around & shopping. That sent me into labor that night, not sure if it is a conicidence or not though! How are you doing? Are you back in Utah?? Talk to you later!
Heather (Flegal) Stockton :)

A. said...

hmm... the 3 things that lead to my labors..

nipple stimulations is that ok to say? Im telling you, that put me into immediate labor...but my body was ready too).

car ride (too many bumps and that did me in)

a walk at disneyland (my water actually broke that time where as it hadn't the previous two times until active labor/pushing)

Peggy Eddleman said...

I know the perfect way to go into labor during the night. This might be a really hard one for you. Possibly even harder than Tanja's suggestions. :-) Are you ready? Go to bed with your house messy. I'm talking total wreck. Seriously, that's when you'll go into labor!

JoMamma said...

Since I'm not pregnant it's easy for me to say this: Let her cook. I figure she is easier to take care of in your belly, and might need the extra time to grow.

Ok alright I know you are uncomfortable and ready to meet your sweetheart. I'm sure it will be anytime soon.

My suggestion I gave you last week, and Amy mentioned it again on the blog.

Karina B. said...

Girls must be more stubborn. My doctor pushed my due date back a couple weeks and then I went a week overdue before he induced me. Hopefully you don't have to endure that! Rent a hilarious movie tonight and have a good laugh. If it doesn't put you into labor, at least you'll have some fun tonight!

Robyn said...

Sex--it worked for Ross and Rachel! Just kidding! Um, remember, us girls are stubborn! We do things on our own time. I'll let you in on a secrect--little boys are kinda whiny, little girls are bratty and stubborn. Sorry, that's just the truth of things. She isn't coming until she wants to come. Just get used to her doing things her way... :-D

tammy said...

I say listen to Peggy and Joann. Mostly because that is what would drive you the most nuts.....hahaha!! Guess what? She'll come when she's dang good and ready. I can't WAIT!!!!

Rach said...

I tell you WHAT!! I have tried it all. stimulation, food - spicey & sour, blue cohosh, working out, other unmentionalbes. REALLY it just depends on the BABY. Pitosin does work if you have some consistent contractions.


One day she will come, she's got her own schedule.

Patria said...

my Midwife gave me a concoction to drink when i was almost 42 weeks. i had a big 9 pound healthy baby that night- i say let her stay in there and plump out (: both my babies were over 41 weeks...i had to walk the brooklyn bridge to get ruby out (: she'll come when she's ready! (watch the Business of Being Born and you'll have a good view on pitocin :) It's a good film!

Shari said...

I know you are anxious and probably uncomfortable. I should know I did it 6 times. My advice just tell yourself that she will come when she is ready and labor will be fast and easy. I don't think it has anything to do with her being a girl though because I had 4 girls, one was 2 and a 1/2 weeks early taken by c-section, by an anxious doctor (Jaundice and lights) #2 was only 4 days early, #3 was only 6 days early and # 4 girl -sixth child was exactly 2 weeks early. They all just come when they are ready. You know November is a good month for a birthday in this family I can only think of one other in Nov.

Honey and Hotstuff said...

38 weeks! wow! Miss may did not come until 41 weeks. My doc induced me at 7 am on jan. 31st and she did not come until 21 min. after midnight feb.1st!!! I was incduced a week early with Bubba Jones. I went into labor with him twice becuase i had a full tummy. My body had too much and needed to get rid of something so it decided to get rid of the baby. After two babies, I have to be induced and have an epidural or i get no baby. Honestly, babies come when they are supposed to. But I did have someone tell me to walk on the curb with one foot on the curb and the other in the gutter. Then there is the usual, sex aka the itailan, castor oil and patience. Sorry but that's all I got. ~honey

Honey and Hotstuff said...

Sorry, I meant to write: sex aka the itailian induction.
~honey

Bobbi said...

My boys all came early, so by 38 weeks with Eden, I felt like I was already overdue. I tried EVERY labor-induction method I could find...except castor oil. I've heard it really does work, but with a few additional, unpleasant effects as well. NONE of the induction methods I tried worked. Eden was born two days before her due date, and even then I didn't think I was really in labor. I feel for you, girl. The waiting game is THE WORST!!!

Carterista said...

My advice is to sleep! Get it now if you can. Maybe stressing about it so much is holding her back.

Molly Bea said...

So I was feeling VERY desperate and went to an professional accupunturist... TWICE!!! who knows if that's what did it, but he finally came.

Ticklemedana said...

while I've never been pregnant, I just watched the season of friends where rachel has her baby..and sex worked..=)