Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Don't ask me how I am feeling!!!

I walked into the doctor's office, supplied my monthly pee offering and stepped on the great and grand scale. The following thoughts rang through my mind:

Wow, have I really gained that much weight?
Can you really gain nearly 10 pounds in a month?
(Panic setting in) Wait a minute...that means I have gained 25 pounds so far!
OH MY WORD! I am only 25 1/2 weeks, how can I have gained 25 pounds?
Crap! The imposing Devil number bearing down on me out of the scale is the same number that appeared the day I walked into the hospital and had my last baby!
WHAT IN THE FREAKING PREGNANCY WORLD...I still have 3 months.....

AGHHHHHHHH! I feel like one Fat Cat....

so if any one asks me how I am feeling, this is the answer that they will get!

22 SPLURTS:

Karina B. said...

I'm sorry Erin. At least your doctor didn't comment on it. Mine told me I needed to stop gaining weight at one point. I actually had people in my ward say (three months before my due date) "You haven't had that baby yet". So I know how you feel.

Unknown said...

How are you doing?

BTW, this is Cecilia posting as Judy.

JoMamma said...

You will have the weight off in no time. I'm sorry that you will have to give birth to a Twelve pound baby, but believe me the extra weight of the baby will put you back to your pre-pregnancy weight in no time.

In all honesty you look great. Don't focus to much on the number. After all it is just a number.

Maman Pélissié said...

Oh Erin... you are too funny! I will have to have my 2 prego photography friends over soon!

Just SO said...

You look nothing like that cat in the picture. You look fabuloso. I agree with Jo...it's just a number. And I know you. The way you are you'll be back to your size 1's in no time at all.

Peggy Eddleman said...

Hahahaha! What a funny pic! I was just talking to Cecilia today and I mentioned how great you look. I don't know what the heck you are worrying about!

Rach said...

Ok, totally me, I have gained so much more with this kid than any other kid!! What is this a curse of the 4th?!! Did nikki do this too? yeah and do people have to comment "WOW you look like you could give birth any moment!!!!!"

Shayleen Lunt said...

Can I make you eat those words (they have no calories, so you'd be safe)? During my first pregnancy, I gained, not nearly 10, but a SOLID ELEVEN POUNDS...IN ONE MONTH'S TIME! The doctor then told me to start steaming vegetables and so I went out the next day and bought my first steamer. I'm not giving you the same advise. I'm saying, "whoop-de-doo!" Eat it up! ;)

A. said...

I so can relate! This last pregnancy I was averaging 10 pounds a month. I thought the same thing when I hit my weight at delivery with Kami only part way through the pregnancy.
Don't wory, in about 4 months you can start to exercise it off by caring for 4 little ones. Whew!

missionary mama said...

Erin you are so funny! You crack me up. what are you worried about? last pregnancy, didn't you teach aerobics soon after you had your baby and started jogging and all? you didn't even look like you just had a baby. i'm sure you look goy-jus.

me in laie

Wendy said...

Erin - I blog stalk you . . I know some of your friends and have always loved your photos. I left an award on my blog for you, but don't feel pressured by it. Just know you have an admirer in the world! Probably quite a few~

I am a mother! said...

Erin, you are a doll!! Maybe you are retaining more water this time. I would love to look as good as you do when I am pregnant.

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

oh I'm with you these days - I think my favorite comment is every time I have an appt and my doc asks how I'm feeling - Take a look at me, how do you think I'm freakin feeling. Really, you'd think they'd have a better opening line as they walk in the door.

Peggy Eddleman said...

I happened across an article to go along with your pic-

http://www.nypost.com/seven/07302008/news/regionalnews/fat_cat_122221.htm

Peggy Eddleman said...

Wierd. It seems you can't paste something that long- some got cut off. Here it is again: (You'll have to copy and paste it in two sections, though!)

http://www.nypost.com/seven/07302008/news/
regionalnews/fat_cat_122221.htm

Ticklemedana said...

you are awesome! I love the pic of the HUGE cat! Did you google it or do you know that cat?...by the by, you may want to jaunt over to my blog...I just posted 3 videos of Beau and Beki telling Beau's recent Poo...adventure...LOL

kellieanne said...

I feel like that cat after I eat most days - and I'm not prego.

BTW - you're a hot mama. I wouldn't stress unless you gain ten pounds next month, and ten pounds after that, and after that . . .

Haley Hale said...

maybe there is more than one kid in there...ever think about that???

Unknown said...

Well you're not like to have a baby as big as you were--I think I'm still recovering from that.
Mom

Kahilau said...

I love reading your blog. YOu are the funniest! Thanks for bringing humor to something we all go through. Hahaha!

Damaris @Kitchen Corners said...

I am pretty sure I gained a pound a week when I was pregnant. I gave birth to a 9lbs baby. I really wish I wasn't as skinny as I was when I got pregnant because I ended up with INSANE stretch marks on my stomach. Had I been chubbier this would on never happened. Anyway this is not to console you or to make you feel bad for me. this is to show that we are never satisfied.

Bobbi said...

I SO feel your pain, Erin! I always gain about a pound per week of my pregnancy. 25 pounds at 25 weeks would be about right for me. Last pregnancy, I gained 45 pounds total by the end...(only 5 pounds less than the 50 pounds I gained with the twins). There's certainly nothing fun about being pregnant. On a positive note, I have COMPLETE CONFIDENCE that you will have no trouble working it back off after the baby is born. You will look amazing as always before you know it! And your baby will be HEALTHY and CHUBBY and ADORABLE!!! Just like that fat cat!!!