Saturday, April 12, 2008

Exercising + Love of Yardsales = Disaster

The bright beautiful Spring Sun woke me from my deep slumber and called me out to exercise. I felt the pull to the great outdoors as I laid in bed, reached for my cell phone and texted my exercise buddy. She agreed to engage in our hour long torturous hike up the mountain and we set the time to meet. An hour later Joann, Amanda (Joann's younger sister), and I strode step after step up the steep incline of our neighborhood. Joann and I fared a little better than Amanda, considering we had traveled this route 2-3 times a week for the last month or so. And poor Amanda, moved as fast as she could muster considering she had never hiked with us before and even though the phrase, "please stop!" lingered on the tip of her tongue, she kept quiet and did her best to keep up. As we reached the last 1/3 of our hike, we noticed a Garage Sale sign, a beaming glorious beacon in the the dark!
Lured to it, I encouraged Amanda to make it just to the yard sale, where she could have her first rest of the day. The signs of relief flooded her expression. I looked ahead at the sign, scrutinizing it for what I could expect at the sale, and realized that the sign was pointing in the opposite direction of the yard sale I could clearly see on the street up ahead. Being rational, I decided that it wouldn't be prudent to our workout to venture off the exercise course to a yard sale in the wrong direction. We continued on ahead to the yard sale that covered the lawn of a home a few more homes away.

As we approached the yard sale I perused the items strewn across the front yard. Mostly clothing, yard accessories, and baby supplies made up this yard sale. I spied an item that looked like a prize to me and asked the man sitting in the front yard, "How much is that?"

A look of confusion clouded his expression and he replied, "This isn't a yard sale, we are just cleaning out our garage!"

hahahaha...I busted out in laughter. Well so much for exercising and stopping at yard sales!

9 SPLURTS:

Ticklemedana said...

that is fantabulously awesome...=D

sanaejames photography said...

you are the queen of yardsales and excercise! but this one cracked me up....

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

That's hilarious!

Sidney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shelby said...

Hahahaha! Erin, you'd think this guy would have made an exception for you!!!

A. said...

That is SO funny! What is even funnier is that he didn't question you casing his clutter, but only spoke up once an offer was made. lol

Marcie said...

I knew this would be a funny story! I can see you cracking up and running away!

jase said...

That is the funniest yard sale story ever!! This weekend we went on base......great finds!

gurrbonzo said...

That. is. awesome.