Tuesday, March 18, 2008



I opened my door today to find a simple brown box dropped off by the mailman. The box, was addressed to me, sent by a close friend from my town. I love getting surprises, but I love getting surprises by mail even more. Don't you feel all special and cuddly warm when someone thoughtful sends a card or a package?

Truth: I haven't been feeling very warm and cuddly at all lately. In fact I have been feeling very much the opposite. Mark (my hubby) had a huge, major, life-altering set-back at work. (This is the 'crap-hitting-the-fan' I spoke about towards the end of the week) Because of this, he is looking for a new job. I feel confident that he will find one, but we have been discussing the possibility of relocation and selling our newly remodeled home. Sometimes I feel like I am at the amusement park on an old white rickety roller coaster, and every time it is my turn to get off, the darn attendant passes me by and starts the ride again.

Warm and Fuzzy: So when I opened my door today, my heart lifted and I felt (sorry for the cliche') warm and fuzzy. I hope you feel warm and fuzzy too today or this week. Life seems in control when you are feeling up and not so down.
Tip of the Day: Ignore the GET FIT CHALLENGE for one day while you make yourself feel warm and fuzzy and prepared to take on Life's Challenges. Then, GET BACK ON IT tomorrow!!!

10 SPLURTS:

Carolyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carolyn said...

Okay Erin, I wrote a whole big comment above and then deleted it because it was lame! Anyway,who sent you that lavy gift? What a sweetie! I am so glad it brightened your day! Ask her to send one my way too!

Peggy Eddleman said...

I'm sure everyone who knows you in this state is thinking basically the same thing:

What?!! No, Erin. There will be no moving! We just got you back! We're really not okay with letting you go again.

I hope everything works out for you and your family! We will be praying for Mark to find a new job quickly. (Around here, of course)

Just SO said...

Man. I'm sorry that things have been so rough. I really hope that Mark can find a new job and fast. And I really hope that it's around here. Prayers muchly in your direction. ((Hugs))

That is a really sweet gift. I love getting things in the mail too.

A. said...

Oh Erin - We are currently on that job ferris wheel. Tim's season ends in June and then who knows where the Lord will take us. Stand strong and faithful. Mark is very talented in his line of work and I know he'll find something that was meant just for him. Just read Jeremiah 29:11 for a boost of encouragement.

Sooo.... how fun to get a surprise box! Especially if it has anything in it that is in your picture. {{drool}}

shelly said...

I'm so sorry you're going through all this! It seems especially difficult when you have little ones running around while you're going through it. I'm just sharing something here that I know you've heard a million and a half times...but it's something I've learned in this life of mine, to be true...it will all work out. Maybe not in your time frame, but, it will all work out:) Just a thought for the day.
In the meantime, THANK YOU for helping us stay motivated WHILE it "all works out"!

I am a mother! said...

I hope things clear up soon. I once heard that "Out of confusion comes clarity". I've found that to be true in my life...after the smoke clears the decision to be made becomes apparent. Good luck!

Ticklemedana said...

I have some friends who are currently in the same situation...their solution? They are spending a LOT of time at the temple right now!

Anyway, I hope that everything works out ok. I know it will.

Maman Pélissié said...

I love, love, love getting things in the mail. Seriously, there is nothing like it. Especially if it is unexpected!
Great pictures, and oh yeah- please don't move. We still have to get through Photoshop next month!

Haley Hale said...

Okay, that stinks. HOWEVER, if for some reason you do have to relocate, Atlanta is pretty nice...and I know some great people there. I am sure that something will fall into place for you guys. We love you all and are keeping you in our prayers!