Wednesday, July 18, 2007

AND THE WINNER IS...

NIGERIA....

Sike (ok, seriously, when is the last time you heard that word?)

For real, thank you for your input, it was a very difficult decision, so...

We are heading to UTAH!!! Since we have been paying rent of 1650 a month for the last 2 years, it will be nice to have a huge break on that...we plan on moving in with my mom and bummin' it...and by bummin it I mean: doing the yard work, re-fixing (because we already fixed it) the ceiling, patching up this and thats, and may the father permit (not the holy father, but my father) I will attempt to de-junk, de-clutter and re-organize the garage. Yes, we will be giving up a life in paradise to move in with my parents. Some may see this as we are moving backwards in the game of life, but I like to see it as a strategic move in a complicated game of...yadda, yadda, yadda....we are moving home, that is all there is to say about that.

Reasons for this choice:
We will be relocating to Utah around the last week of August. We feel that this is the best decision for us because a large portion of Mark's financial management clients are in Utah, Regal a financial brokerage has offered Mark to be a broker through them in Utah and they offered him a substantial pay increase, Mark's family and my family are in Utah, and...Utah is now the home of an IKEA!!! (which also happens to be within 30 minutes driving distance of my mom's house)

10 SPLURTS:

Cruise to the Max said...

I am glad to finally know. Too bad I had to read the blog to find out.

Shelby said...

Very funny Mark......although I halfway believe you. I feel sorry for your would-be potential kidnappers. They will miss out on some serious hostage money to fund their political & military causes. Yay!! for Utah!! We will benefit from wacky hilarity and hijinks galore! Kellie & I will help pack! Can't wait!

Jason, Tiffany, and the Crew said...

Yea!!! Inasmuch as the thriving metropolis of Idaho Falls wasn't on your list of possibilities, Utah is a great alternative. Can't wait to see you again, it has been too long! -Tiffany

Marcie said...

Yay- we will be there for Christmas this year so we'll definitely have to get together! My mom is a major IKEA lover (being part swedish and all), and loves it so much that she works there! Look for her when you're there- she's a cashier and her name is Karen Noble. :)

gurrbonzo said...

hurray! I will see you at every Strawberry Days carnival to come! And seriously, IKEA is a dangerous, wonderful beast. It just made our living room possible.

Now, come to BYU law school...I'm saving you a seat...you can use all my books...

JayandCassandra said...

Ummm... yeah no idea what and ikea is... details? I'll have to google it. Congratulations on the new job with a pay increase! Gotta love that! Plus we'll get to see you more!!

jase said...

no backwards movements...one step back to get two forward. sounds like a good move to me. I will be there when you are "trying" to fill the crate, and i can test out my newly acquired bargaining skills on you, that are from you, on your stuff(that doesnt fit in the crate)! lol
jase

Haley Hale said...

YAYYY! I will get to hang out with you again for like, three whole months before I move! I am so excited! Here's a deal you can't pass up: I will help you guys pack while we are in Hawaii (hopefully Tammy and Kellie will have it all done before I get there), and you can help me pack when we get ready to move to Atlanta. Seriously, since you are the dejunking queen, I could really use your help!

Unknown said...

James and I laughed so hard at Mark's comment. Welcome home! Living with one's parents is never fun but can't beat the baby sitting convenience. The freedom of going to see a movie at ten o'clock at night helps a lot in suppressing the urge to pull all your hair out. :-)

Jerin said...

Congrats! Maybe now we can see you at another mission reunion! :)