Thursday, July 12, 2007

A 3 dollar ticket, a Diet Pepsi, and a movie theater that smells like Butt!

At first when you add up the equation of a 3 dollar ticket, a Diet Pepsi, and a movie theater that smells like butt you would most likely presume that the movie I viewed would be less than spectacular....well think again, Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix was Stupendous! I went this morning with my sister, her husband, my cousin's wife and my hubby. In fact, I was so excited to see Order of the Pheonix and I was positive that the entire community would feel the same way, I took extra precaution to procure an adequate seat for the show by showing up 1 hour and 45 minutes before the show. I was a little surprised to find that noone else was waiting in line, but I held my ground. At 45 minutes before show time the line was bustling with a whooping 3 people, so the theater attendents opened the doors and allowed us to reserve our seats. I was pretty surprised that the theater was only half full when the movie started, but I have to say busy or not, this movie was the best!

My Critique:
Of all the Potter movies, I think that they are starting to capture the true intensity of character emotion that the books encapsulate. Clearly this movie was the darkest (in cinematography and content) of the 5 Potter movies released thus far, but I don't think the dark tone of the film is a negative point. I think it intensifies the dark presence of Lord Voldormort's return. I would also give a two thumbs up to the women who played Delores Umbridge, Bellatrix Lestrange, and suprisingly Luna Lovegood...they all nailed their roles! And I might add that Potter is becoming quite the little hunky...hehehe.. Of all the Potter movies thus far, I finally felt like I was watching the true Harry Potter story and not just watching a bunch of actors trying to capture a great book. If you haven't seen the show yet, run...not walk...right now and see it! Tell me what you think...

5 SPLURTS:

Leslie said...

My vote on the hunky is Neville. Ha ha, just kidding, but seriously he looked much better than before. I did think they made Hermione much prettier than I think she's portrayed in the books.

Shelby said...

Erin--I agree! I saw it last night and think the director did a great job capturing the feel of book five. I am to the point that I can forgive the lapses in plot from the book and just enjoy. The one thing I did not like from the book was Harry's over-done angst. It got quite tiresome. So I rather liked that the movie did not seem to play that up too much. Neither Kellie nor I can understand the whole Grawp story line and think he better have a major purpose in book seven or he will go down as Series Least Favorite Character. I am more stoked than ever for book seven. I am going to buy it, scurry home and hole away for however many hours it takes to read so as to avoid spoilers. Media blackout for me! (Harry Lives! Snape Redeemed!)

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see it. Jared and I have had our tickets for a week now!!! Yes and we still don't get to see it til Saturday. Out newest theater in town allows you pick your seat too, so we need not worry about showing up an hour and 45 min in advance. I'll tell you what I think when I see it.

Shelby said...

Erin-- I just remembered that last night when Kellie & I walked into the movie theater, I turned to her and said: "It totally smells like a poopy diaper in here!"
Do-do-do-do-do-do-do-do! (Twilight Zone theme)

All Andersens said...

Yes we too are huge HArry Potter fans and went to to movies on Wednesday!!! My husband and I have read them all and seen them all thus far. Can't wait til the 21st for the next book!! We loved the movie. Thought is was awesome!!!! Crystal