Wednesday, October 05, 2011

i want to thank all the people who made this possible...

I got a BLOG award! Can you believe it? 
I'd like to take a moment to thank the Cherie at Ready.Write.Go for giving me this award. It makes me ridiculously happy. Second I'd like to thank my Mom and Dad who made all this possible. Without their enthusiasm, I would've never been born, let alone given free reign to write whatever I feel like on this here blog of mine. Last I want to thank Al Gore for inventing the Internet. Thanks to him alone, I've been able to put my deepest thoughts out into cyberspace to be read by one or two people. 

Now, this is my first award, so I better play by the rules:

1. Thank and link to the person who nominated me. (Check)
2. Share seven random facts about myself. 
3. Pass the award along to 5 newfound blogging buddies
4. Contact those buddies to congratulate them.

GO GO GADGET O' 7 RANDOM FACTS:
1. My 4 year old is a parrot. The other day he said, "That guy is a bad guy." He was watching a movie, and yes, the guy was indeed a bad guy. Then Parrot-son added, "If I see him on the road I'm gonna kick him in the crotch." 
Uh, nice. Where did he learn that? Way to go, Mark. 

2. Sometimes my filter doesn't work. I should really watch what I say more. (Thus, the crotch comment.)

3. I don't wear deodorant. This isn't a blog secret, because I mentioned this years ago. But it's still the same. And if you're new to reading my blog, now you know. 

4. I don't stink. Unlike my sister who got B.O. at age 13, I never had the misfortune. I could teach three aerobic classes back to back and be dripping sweat like a 50yr old fat man, and I still wouldn't stink. 

5. I read a book everyday. I don't always finish it, but I still read. It's good for my soul. Not so much for my family. Yet another thing for me to work on.

6. When I write I gain weight. This is because my diet suddenly is reduced to M&Ms and Diet Coke. No matter how many aerobic classes I teach, it won't work off the constant hand-to-bag-to-mouth action. 

7. I own a pair of teal sweats that my Mom gave me when I was 15. I'm not 15 anymore...a mere few years have passed...and I still wear those sweats nearly every day. I love them more than I love M&Ms and Diet Coke. If someone offered me $1000 for those sweats, I wouldn't sell them. That's the honest truth. And if my husband ever threw them out...I would think about divorce. 

Now, that I've been so very blessed with this award, I would like to pass it along to other awesome blogs that I LOVE!

1.  An Alleged Author - I love this blog. The writer has great voice, 
and makes me laugh. And the latest post quiz is hilarious!


2. Angela Orlowski Peart - Does Angela have a rockin' name or what? I hear a name like that and I think she's probably the type to wear J Crew and drive a Range Rover. She just seems uber cool.


3. Alexis Bass Writes About Writing - For one thing Alexis is from Washington. For another, she loves the books that I love! So I know if we knew each other in real life we would be bosom buddies.


4. Myself As Written - I met Charlie a couple years ago in a brief writing group stint. She's pretty cool and she is named Charlie. What could be more intriguing. Right? 


5. Iain's Iainspiration - Iain makes me laugh so hard. When he publishes a book, I'll be the first in line to buy it. 

There you have it! My first blog award makes me feel so warm and squishy...or that could be that I've eaten too many M&Ms today. 

Thank you all! 

15 SPLURTS:

Alexis Bass said...

Thank you!!! I am honored! And you are right - we ARE exactly alike. Same taste in books. Same taste in junk food. And I'm guessing we gain about the same amount of weight when we write. Too bad for me we're not alike in regards to the stink-less sweat. You my friend are very lucky!

Thank you!!

Precy Larkins said...

Yay! I'm glad I was your first...erm, the first to give you an award, I mean (what were you thinking?!? LOL j/k)

Ok, you're either a superhero woman or you're an alien. No deodorant. It boggles the mind.

XD

Jessie Humphries said...

You forgot to thank ur pole dancing instructor in Vegas!

DEZMOND said...

Wowza, Jessie really has some gorgeous friends, since she posted a story about me, I've been followed by at least five stunning new ladies, you included :)

Thanks for popping over to my place, hope we shall be seeing you there often.

i'm erin. said...

Dezz, I love you.

A. said...

Am I the only one who noticed that Al Gore didn't invent the internet? :P

Oh, and to anyone who may doubt her non-stinkiness, she'd be more than happy to stick her pit in your face to prove it.

(btw - way to go! You definitly deserve a blog award. You always keep me laughing.)

i'm erin. said...

Alexis- for sure. I love being validated when I love a book. I keep checking your blog like 10 times a day to see what book you'll post about next.

Cherie - I'm so happy I found you. Your blog is amazing. Did you design it? I need some serious help with my ghetto blog.

Jessie - the pole dancing starts tonight. see you in park city.

Amy- smell my pit. ha ha.

Charlie N. Holmberg said...

Thanks!

Uh... I'm pretty sure I know what to do with it... XD

Iain said...

Thank you! I just hope you aren't disappointed with the book when (if) it ever gets published.
On the subject of parrots, Whenever they protested at me asking them to do something, I used to say to my kids when they were younger: "Do as I say, not as I do."
Unfortunately, now, every time I say a 'choice' word, they add it to the list of ones they claim they can use, and then quote me: "We can do as you say, dad!"

i'm erin. said...

Iain, again, you make me smile so much!

RaShelle Workman said...

I love that you love your teal sweats. And the fact that you don't stink, well that's awesome! LOL

Wanton Redhead Writing said...

Peanut or plain?

Glad to find your blog.

Peggy Eddleman said...

What would we ever do without Al Gore? Congrats on the award! And for noticing every time your teal sweats found themselves in the garbage.

Author A.O. Peart said...

OMG, you are F A N T A S T I C! Thank you so much for this blog award. I'm sorry it took me a few days to respond - it's been a tough week. So funny but recently I saw this award on someone's blog and I thought, "Wow, I want one of those! It looks so awesome." And here I am - with the brand new, shiny award.

Oh, I wish I had a Range Rover - maybe one day when I can afford it and when they start making them Hybrid :-) I'm an environmental freak and I drive Lexus hybrid. As for the name - Orlowski is my Polish maiden and Peart is my married name. Thank you for being soooooo sweet. You made my day!

Cristina said...

you are soooo funny!

I only wear deodorant if I'm going to a wedding. Or a funeral. Or some other equally important event.

I'm loving your blog :)