Friday, February 26, 2010
Thursday, February 25, 2010
So originally I was just going to disband this little ghetto blog of mine, and focus on the new shiny improved blog. But then I realized, why give up my ghetto-soul? I can have both. So now I'll post all the weird randomness that comes to mind here, and the cool photos and class info on the blog!
OTHER NEWS: Today I went to the Walmart. Yes, I got out of the sweats, and actually left my home. The thing of it is (thank the Good Lord that I live in PG and picked up that sentence starter. What would my life be like with out that. Seriously.) . . . Yeah, so the thing of it is, is I found Peanut Butter and Strawberry M&M's.
And, the weird thing is, I LIKE THEM A LOT!
ASK THE AUDIENCE: Do You Like Candy? And if so, please indulge me and tell me what it is? I'm always looking to expand my Candy tasting portfolio...ha ha...but really. I LOVE CANDY.
HOT TOPICS Ask the Audience
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
If you've been wanting to learn to master your new camera, or simply launch your photography career, I've updated the new photo blog with the SPRING CLASS SCHEDULE for photography and photoshop classes. Remember, class spaces are limited and fill fast, so please email if you're interested.
Follow this link:
HOT TOPICS photography classes
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Hey, so I totally fell of the radar! Yeah I know.
Besides being sick, I've been busy pimping out my new Photography blog. I'm so excited about it.
1. It's a place where you can ask any photo question and I'll answer it.
2. Ask any Photoshop question.
3. Find out about booking a photo session.
4. TAKE A PHOTO CLASS . . . and get the down low on upcoming classes.
5. Enter your own photos to be displayed.
AWESOME, right? Ok, well I'm sure excited about it.
The new address is:
And if you're feeling like surfing, check out my updated photography site too. Right now I'm in the mood to shoot some Seniors, so if you know any, send them on over.
Thursday, February 11, 2010
HOT TOPICS PORTRAITS
Monday, February 08, 2010
HOT TOPICS PORTRAITS
Thursday, February 04, 2010
1. Tomorrow I'm leaving on a jet plane . . . (I know you have the tune in your head now.) I'm off to California with Sanae, Mrs. Uber-cooler-than-I-could-ever-hope-to-be friend and photog, and together we are going to the greatest photography workshop ever. ever. ever. Did I say how cool it's going to be yet?
ok, you get my point. I'll be back next week, so if you're in the neighborhood, say hi to Mark and my crazy kiddos.
2. Some freak-a-zoid totally hit our van tonight. Seriously. Mark took the boys down to the Smiths and while inside shopping for ice cream and goldfish, some whack-O hit our van. URG. So, hey, if you're the wierdo that hit my van, you owe me big time. And when I find out who you are, I'm going to (the following comment has been removed from this blog post because of it's inappropriate material)
3. Henry, my cutie patootie boy, entered a conceptual math competition. Three lower-grade finalists were chosen out of the entire state. My Henry was one of them! Gosh darn smarty-pants kids . . . gotta love 'em.
4. LTUE is next weekend. Say what? (I know that's what you're thinking). Well, if you live in the Utah County area and your a closet writer or out in the open about your dream of one day becoming an author, or if you just want to find out how to get started, the LTUE conference is for you. First off, its FREE! Secondly, there will be quite a few NY Times best-selling authors there to ask questions to. Third, it's a freaking blast!!! If you want more info go to: www.LTUE.org
5. If you're still reading, and believe me, I totally think you're the greatest thing ever now, could you please tell me your most embarrassing moment from high school? I need some material for the book I'm writing right now, and I would love to extort your teenage nightmares that you probably never wanted to relive.
HOT TOPICS Rambling Again
Wednesday, February 03, 2010
I've used this post title before. It just popped up when I typed in the word books so I figured, what the hey, might as well re-use. It's like Recycling, right?
Here's the thing. I like to read.
Well, I read quite a bit, and I love it, and I'll keep doing it. So when my friend who writes MY PILE OF BOOKS asked me to review books for her, I thought HECK YES! Since I'm already reading a book a day, I might as well espouse my thoughts and likes and frustrations and dislikes on someone other than my poor husband and super nice, book loving friend.
So, please go over to MY PILE OF BOOKS and check out all the book reviews.
And on a side note, of those books pictured above, they all are worth the reading time! I loved them!
Tuesday, February 02, 2010
HOT TOPICS Freebies
Monday, February 01, 2010
Yeah, I know this Monday fit tip comes and goes, but such is life, eh? (That's the deep thought for the day, don't expect much more or you may be disappointed).
Fit Tip: "Is it better than . . .?"
Explanation: Today I'm going to ask myself this question over and over again. When I look at the dang jar of M&Ms that have somehow made their way into my office, I'm going to ask myself, "Is an M&M better than fitting in my super svelte and sexy Seven jeans?" Sigh. No, of course not. And then I'm going to put that M&M down and walk away from it.
Reasoning: If you keep your health and body image as your prime motivator, then everything else will fall into place behind it. Sometimes in mid fitness quest we forget why we started down the road we're on. We feel deprived and even angry that we can't have whatever it is we want. But really, do we really want it? Today, ask yourself that question. "Is (insert the demonic thing that's talking to you from your cupboards) better than (insert your goal)?"
Good luck on that!
HOT TOPICS Monday's Fitness Mania