Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Eh you. Long time no talk, o wat?

(Translation: Hey you over there. Has it really been that long since we've spoken?)

I'm a terrible blogger. I ride the Bi-Polla' roller-coasta'. So sometimes blogging is all I do and than life hits and I fall off the face of the planet . . . which really means, I hide away in my cave of an office and spend countless hours EDITING - my book or my pics. Either way, my butt's often glued to the cheapo, vinyl office chair I snagged at a yardsale a couple years ago for 5 bucks.

Weekly Update:

1. Cruised around with awesome authors like J-Rall (Name drop-Janette Rallison) at the LDS Storymaker's writing conference. Met a fab agent and a super stylish editor (CSE-cute shoes editor) and pitched my book. There will be more to come on this subject.

b. Frantically worked on finishing and polishing my book to send to the aforementioned fab agent.

III.  Hit a hard wall of writer's block halfway through the week when I recieved my first 'I hate your photography' message. Sigh. It made me sad and I cried cause when it comes down to it, I'm a bit of a wussy.

4. Came back from my sad slump by shooting a KICK-A engagement shoot with the oh-so-awesome Tonja Merryweather taking position as the assist. Together we rocked the engagements.  Here's a sample.

You can check out the rest on my photo blog:
www.erinsummerillphotography.com/blog

5. Then I read the most AWFUL book yesterday. Ugh. I felt so angry that I couldn't think straight. Thus, this is the reason I'm blogging and not writing. The book is City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. I've heard the other two books in the series are good. But honestly, GAG!  I don't know if I'll be able to bring myself to read on. 

I hope your week rocked. Let me know what's up with you. And leave a comment, because really I'm a sucker for it and with my low self esteem and all, it makes me feel fuzzy and good inside. Just sayin'.

18 SPLURTS:

Kristina P. said...

I haven't even heard of that book. That's really too bad.

Fullmer Family said...

Hey Erin!
You rock!
You should know that by now!

Hey, I'm just sayin! :)

No, I am truly amazed at all the things you do...in awe. Really! :)

The Dixon Family said...

Okay, I felt the same way and swore I wouldn't read the other two books (it was a few days before I could even stomach trying) BUT...just read and trust.

Second, your photography is awesome and one naysayer doesn't change that.

Peggy said...

Quite the mental picture you created at the end of that first paragraph. :)

Love you, Erin. You and your mad photography skills.

Sara B. Larson said...

I'll comment on yours if you comment on mine?? haha

I still say death to the photog-hater. He/She's obviously blind, and an embecile. Imbecile? Too tired to spellcheck. That person sucks and you do not. You rock. And so do you pictures. And your books. So excited for you to be submitting, woot!

Sara B. Larson said...

*your pictures. Did I mention I'm tired?

Just SO said...

Don't read the others. They are only okay.

Mickell S said...

Dear Erin
I've stalked your blog for awhile and I've gone to your workout classes the last two weeks, so I feel like I know what i'm talking about when I say you're pretty great. Actually, make that pretty fantastic.

JoMamma said...

I miss you and am very glad to hear that you are keeping out of trouble. You know what they say about an idle mind. I better get busy.

Stacey said...

Erin, we love you!

You are a rocking phtographer and author and I am so excited for you having stuff in the hands of an editor and agent!

I have heard mixed reviews on City of Bones series...I'm interested to see why you hated it!

laninaki said...

OMG....City of Bones grossed me out too! Gag, gag, gag at the twist at the end...but it turns out fine.

Your photography is great...whoever wrote that is a moron. Promise. ;)

i'm erin. said...

Ha Leilani, you crack me up. And yes, GAG GAG GAG. I was so freaking.

Krystal said...

Oh Erin, I just love that you are so great at so many things. And you still keep trying different things, wanting to be successful in such a diverse range. It gives me hope as a photographer to see someone like you, whose skills I admire so much, reaching out to be a writer. I think it means we all have dreams and can be successful at anything we want bad enough. And I think that if you've got someone who is a hater--at least they noticed you. Not all art is appealing to all people. But anytime you can create any sort of feeling in someone you are making an impact with your art.

i'm erin. said...

Krystal, that is the nicest compliment ever. Thanks so much.

Julianne said...

Now I'm curious about what made that book so gag-worthy. I hate bad books. It's like they leave a bad aftertaste in my mind, and sometimes it can last for a few days. I have thrown books across the room when I finished them. (Libba Bray! How could you?) So I can relate. But shake it off, Skippy! (That's my new nickname for you.) You'll feel better when you get back to YOUR book and remember how awesome it is.

Wendy said...

Give me a name and I'll break the leg of the negative photog person.

That's just how I roll when your freakin' amazing-ness is dissed'

i'm erin. said...

Wendy, you crack me up! I love it. And I got your back too.

Haley Hale said...

Who would say such things? They obviously have little taste. Don't fret, my friend! I think you are fabulous- and I always have. You always give your projects 150,000%. Believe me, I know. I was there for the beaded jewelry undertaking. You rock. I love ya!