Monday, November 16, 2009

Mark is the Man: the Conclusion

. . . I found a giant pile of my stuff--The odds and ends that I've collected and filled my office closet with over the last few years.  My lighting kit, assorted baskets of various sizes, tutus, neatly folded quilting material, and much more was stacked at least five feet high in the center of the living room. 

Did I freak about the mess?  Heck no.  I used what smarts I had left after such a long drive and deducted that the items before me were all taken from the office. My office.  Thus, I should then go and see why.  I ran into the office and found this:


If you look really closely, the nice little sign reads, "You Found It."  Since we bought our house three years ago, I've been drooling over Judy's (my asian friend's) beautiful closet.  Her father had taken the closet and turned it into a 'built in' bookshelf with beadboard and cupboards!  Sigh.  Mark, my dearie, took a photo of her closet and recreated it (for the most part) in my office.  Now I can display all my prized books on this beautiful built in bookshelf...and I can hide all the crazy junk in the cupboards at the bottom...once they have drawers. 

Mark is the man!

17 SPLURTS:

Kristine said...

I LOVE IT!!!

Weight Family said...

Yeah, that is WAY cool!

Kahilau said...

He is the man!!! Can he come help build on of those at our house? SO FUN!!!!!

Robyn said...

Nice job, Mark!

A. said...

That's awesome! We so want to do that with all of our closets. Excet more shelves and a bit a hanging room. ;)

fatnelly said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Mark is sooo lovely!

Nikki said...

WOW!! That's impressive! Great job Mark!

Just SO said...

Love it!!

Kayleen said...

That is SO sweet! I'm so glad it wasn't what the others were thinking it might be! Ha ha! Mark is AWESOME!! Enjoy your shelves. I'm drooling with jealousy! :)

Melony said...

What a man! If I didn't know better I might say that you have married the worlds best man...but I know I married him so.. ;)

Sara said...

How awesome, what a great guy, and a great surprise!! :-)

tammy said...

Mark is so sweet! It looks great!

Carterista said...

Just one word...Polygamy.

sanaejames photography said...

I must say..he sure is the man! you rock mark! now if you could rub off a little on robbie that would be awesome! :)

Stacey said...

That is so awesome! I can't even get my hubby to touch up the paint on our bathroom wall while I'm here bugging him about it! Go Mark!

Haley Hale said...

I love it! Great job, Mark! I can't wait to see how cute it looks after you put all your stuff back in! Post pictures of that soon, please.

Peggy said...

Now I'm the one that's jealous! Dang that's nice. REALLY nice. Yes, I am jealous.