Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Monday's Fit Tip Mania...Um, a day late

Muscle Up.

I went to the car show last week and thought, hmmm, how does this apply to fitness? Well, Duh. If you want to look hotter and have more energy (power) you need to muscle up. Add intensity to your workout by adding in weights.

Side Note: I always get lovely ladies in my aerobic classes who think if they lift more than a 5 pound weight then they will bulk up. NOT TRUE. Really...that is, you won't bulk up if you keep your diet the same or change your diet to eating lean meats, lots of fruits and veggies and limiting the Carbs (you know, yummy cookies and bread...ok, so sneak just one in).

Anyway, add some muscle. Throw it into the mix. Squats, Lunges, Bicep curls and Tricep Kickbacks. Do at least 10-12 reps of each, two times. Then work on increasing it.

7 SPLURTS:

Ella said...

I like your thinking, Erin! So if I have a muscle car your saying I'm ok? right? SWEET! Love that pink car.I'll take that muscle.

Kristina P. said...

That car is hot!

JoMamma said...

How often a week should I add weights?

i'm erin. said...

3-5 times a week. you can do it Joann.

missionary mama said...

I agree with Kristina P. that car is HOT! I want to have "muscle" but I have no motivation to work out at this time. I need major help! HEEEEEEEEEELP puleeeeeeez!

holmesfam.blogspot.com said...

Sorry I missed your class yesterday...but I'll be back in full force next week! Can't wait!

Leslie said...

Okay, I got off my duff this morning at 6:30 and did a workout (one of Jillian/Biggest Loser) weight/cardio workouts. I almost passed out (seriously). Yes, I admit my 35% fatso self is way out of shape and that could be why but I think it was because she has you switch from pushups and floor work to standing weight stuff so much that I jumped up or down too quickly one time and I was so lightly headed and nauseated that i had to pause the workout and lay down. Crazy.
Hoping tomorrow goes better.
Did you know it's 20 weeks until Christmas. Can you guess what my goal is by Christmas?