Friday, May 15, 2009

Embarrassed . . . no MORTIFIED

Really...there aren't a lot of things that embarrass me, as you probably already know (like this post). But, today when my Partner In Crime, my Photography Co-Teacher, the ever witty Tonja Merryweather, called me to tell me there was a full page spread in the Daily Herald about ME, I freaked.

Why? Of course I knew they might run a 'small' article about aerobics in the paper because a lovely reporter came to my classes and asked me a slew of questions. That was not the embarrassing part. In fact, you can come ask me fitness questions any time of the day and I'll spout something off. It may not be coherent or even entirely accurate, but it'll be worth a try.

So why again am I so stinkin' embarrassed? OH YES, I did remember to say to the lovely and quite friendly reporter, 'Please let me know if they want to come and take a picture, that way I can make myself look rockin' hot'. (I'm pretty sure those were my exact words). So the other day, when I didn't feel like going to aerobics at all, I yanked on a grungy Jack Johnson T-shirt, an old pair of shorts and left for the Gym...secretly hoping NO ONE would be there so I could mosey on home again.

To my EMBARRASSMENT not only was the class full, but there was a photographer there too. A male photographer! Agggghhhhh. I expressly mentioned to him to only take shots of me from the neck up and while I was smiling sweetly at the camera...but I think he FORGOT.

So, there you have it. Two, not so flattering shots of me are pasted across the Daily Herald for all to see, oogle, gawk at, laugh at and discuss in not so friendly terms, "What the Heck is she wearing?"

19 SPLURTS:

Just SO said...

You look awesome!!

Just SO said...

I and I feel so cool to know both of the instructors!

Brooke said...

Awesome! I wish I were there so I could take yoga and aerobics with two people that I actually know! I don't think the pics are that bad, just not professional like yours... :)

Kayleen said...

Sweeeeeet!! Love it!! Wish I was in your class. :)

Tyran, the Yeti Yogi said...

Youuuu loooook faaabuuuuloussss daaaarling!

holmesfam.blogspot.com said...

That is totally awesome! I have been there when you look rockin' hot though, so I know better. And we would rather have a teacher that is dripping sweat with us rather than some prissy-dolled up drill sargent! Never change, we like you just the way you are.

Melissa said...

Oh Erin. I would love to take all of your classes. What a great piece though, of what you do and also a mention of your website.

A. said...

Thank goodness it's dark in the shorts area, because his shot goes RIGHT up your pant leg. haha!

Serioualy though...you look like a true instructor. Actually part of the class. Not all Cleaned up, sweat free, and only callling out directions while you sit on the mat. I think you look great!

JoMamma said...

You look great.

Sarah said...

At least you're wearing underwear! Ha ha. Cool article, though.

Weight Family said...

That is awesome! PS- You look fab! Maybe someday I will take your class, but maybe not... when it comes to coordination, I have NONE!

tammy said...

Haha! What's funny are the comments about the article! And hey!....they referenced your blog!!

Ticklemedana said...

um you look awesome but i agree about the crotch shot! lol

kellieanne said...

When am I ever going to get over my commitment issues and just go to your class! I know I want to - just afraid to commit to.

Rach said...

I think your look great...especially because you are kicking HIGHER & squating LOWER than the others in the class..I guess that is WHY you are the best instructor EVER!! By that way...I need you to come and teach aerobics here again..or atleast make me run with you in the morning. I've been a bum lately.

Carolyn said...

Hey, I wish I looked like you, and taught fitness classes! You are amazing!

Kahilau said...

Ok, that is too funny! Honestly what I love about those pictures is that it reminds me how much I loved your classes and I long to take those again. Will you come and teach some in PROVO???? Please????? Seriously you look great!

Bobbi said...

Hahahahahahaha! Those pictures of you are freaking AWESOME! I LOVE 'em! And yes, the article definitely made me want to come to your aerobics class...which was the main point, I'm sure, so good work!!! Now your chances of getting to cancel class due to low attendance just went way, way, WAY down!! You'll have a packed house every time for sure now!!! Love it!

Maman Pélissié said...

cracking up, as usual!