Tuesday, April 14, 2009

George's Baptism


This last week we baptized George! It was such a wonderful occasion for our family. I can't believe how teary-eyed I was over it. I was so happy that Mark's family and my family were able to come.
We all gathered together at the church and after my dad spoke about the savior and baptism, then George was baptized. I was surprised that my dad actually had pictures of my own baptism so many years ago. George was able to see me at that young age. Then after Dad was done speaking, George entered the baptism waters and was baptized. After he was baptized, then Mark's dad spoke about the importance of baptism. George's baptism was confirmed by a wonderful group of family and friends. (Fieldings, I love you!)
Even though my kids were running wild (Teddy), I could feel such a warming peace in the room. I am so proud of my oldest.

17 SPLURTS:

Kayleen said...

Congratulations! That is wonderful!

Kristina P. said...

I remember my baptism like it was yesterday. YOu all look great!

A. said...

What a very important and life changing time. Doesn't it just make you feel like he's stepped into a part of manhood? My girls have not been baptised yet, but I always imagine that when they do that they'll seem older to me. Wiser, or something. I guess just more connected on that spiritual level.
(I really like your shirt, by the way.)

Peggy Eddleman said...

Erin, that is so cool! I can't believe how old George has gotten! He is looking so grown up. You all look so happy! I'm glad it went well.

P.S. You look fabulous in that picture!

Weight Family said...

Yeay, on the big accomplishment. It totally seems like your kiddos will never reach that point, so crazy.

JoMamma said...

You have a child old enough to be baptised... HOLLY COW that makes you seam old (even though I'm older).

Congrats George. What an awesome day to have all of your family there.

Crystal said...

WOW! Beautiful Picture! Congratulations!!

The Price Family said...

Yeah George! ! !

missionary mama said...

Wow! time flies! I remember when he was just in kinder...then pretty soon he'll be a deacon passing the sacrament! congrats!

Rach said...

Holy cow, I can't believe he is that big already. What happened to that rolly-polly boy that couldn't crawl for the longest time. He is becoming a young man! CONGRATULATIONS from us. Sad that we missed it. Happy days.

Just SO said...

Congratulations George!

Kristine said...

That is so cool! So proud of him! What a good example, and a sweetie!

Junior and Marissa said...

Wow, I can't believe little Georgie is 8. What an exciting event to have happen!

big8smiley said...

Wow! How is it already time for his baptism?? That's just crazy! I'm happy for you to have another baptized member in your family. That is so exciting!

Nick and Emily said...

the kids were pretty crazy but it was very nice. and the picture is beautiful. timeless.

Haley Hale said...

Oh my goodness! I can't believe George is 8. Congratulations, George! We love you!
(By the way, your hair looks fabulous in that picture. Will you dedicate a post on how to make one's hair resemble bump it hair?)

Loni said...

Beautiful photo. You look GORGEOUS.