Monday, December 29, 2008

30 years Oooooooooold!

Since it is my birthday, my only request is that you leave me a comment, a blurp, a tidbit of advice, whatever it is, just leave your mark on my blog today. So all of the blog stalkers out there, or the faithful commenters, PLEASE grant me this one wish and leave me something to mark this moment in my life.

Having shamelessly begged for your comment, I will now leave my "I am 30 years old, I am trying hard not to sulk about feeling old, so here is my best attempt" Post.

Those of you who know me well, know that I often have a 'to do' list, an agenda for the day, week, or month. Here is my agenda for the year...to be completed in any order.

1. Drop 16 pounds of left over baby weight
2. Run 1/2 marathon with Mark
3. Drive up to Washington and take pictures of the Hammerstads
4. Buy the 70-200 2.8 Nikkor lens
5. Read with George, Henry, and Teddy everyday
6. Go back to School (wink wink peggy)
7. Landscape my backyard
8. Create a patio for the backyard
9. Have a great spring yardsale
10. Have an even better late summer yardsale
11. Start teaching at the Photography School
12. Be a good friend to my friends
13. Help when I am asked
14. Always have time for Mark
15. Earn enough money to buy a new computer
16. Go to the Aerobic convention in Colorado
17. Make a Christmas Quilt for me this year
18. Go to Chicago and see WICKED
19. Plant a better garden this year...one that lives
20. Enjoy the bulbs I planted in the fall
21. Disneyland?!?
22. Visit the Weavers in Washington
23. Take a trip to the Grand Canyon
24. Walk out over the glass bridge in the Grand Canyon
25. Keep teaching Aerobics
26. Run, run...and more running (hopefully with a mp3 player of some sort)
27. Keep my blog updated 4-5 times a week
28. Take beautiful pictures of people
29. Train Bubba to stop jumping on everyone and everything
30. BE A BETTER PERSON!

There you have it, my to-do list for the year.

34 SPLURTS:

Peggy Eddleman said...

Great list, Erin! Looks like you are planning on doing a LOT of traveling in the next year! Washington, Colorado, Chicago, California, Grand Canyon... you'd better get cracking! And not just on the trips. That's a hugely enthusiastic list! I'm especially happy about #6. ;-)

JoMamma said...

Happy Birthday!
Thirty is actually not so bad. Enjoy it because next year you'll be 31. Hahaha. Good luck with your list. I'm sure you will have most of it accomplished by March :)

Leslie said...

I think #3 and #22 are spelled wrong. It should be P U G H 's. Gosh I can't believe you are 30 already. I've only just hit 29, ha ha. Too bad I can't come to your dance party to show you my 30 year old dance moves (you know - those groovy moves from the 70's, ha ha). Happy birthday!

A. said...

Happy, Happy Birthday!!! Welcome to oldville. I haven't been to happy with this number. I try and look at it more as 20-10. ;)

If you do go to Disneyland.... PLEASE visit. :) Also, all of 2009 you get in free on your birthday. Go to their website and sign up.

Also, if you go to the Grand Canyon, maybe we can meet up. it is one of our goals for the year too sicne Tim's never been. Although, you'll have to walk on the glass bridge without me. My fear of heights would probably have me passed out on it. lol

Now go enjoy your big day!

Ipo said...

Your list makes me tired...ha,ha,ha! But honestly, you've inspired me to make a list on my blog. Yeah, what the heck it's the new year coming up!
Oh yeah, and Happy Birthday!! You are soooo not old!

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

Happy Birthday Erin!! I think your list is great! Sorry we won't be able to make it to your party.

Maman Pélissié said...

You rock! Happy Birthday!
What Photography school?
Have an awesome day!
Ang

The Price Family said...

Happy Birthday my friend
Advice: Don't eat the yellow snow. . .

Fugal Family said...

Happy Birthday!!! If you want to feel sick, loose yourself, and through up, go across the glass bridge at the grand canyon. You will be even more affraid of hights the rest of your life. I used to live right next to the rim of the canyon. I went to the bridge ONCE to say I did it and I will NEVER go back!!!

I am a mother! said...

Thirty, flirty and thriving!!

gurrbonzo said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

You make 30 looks awesome.

My advice: come to law school...YOU'LL ROCK IT.

Brooke said...

Happy Birthday! I hit 30 very begrudgingly in September and life has just gotten better since, even though I thought it was the worst! Enjoy your year, I hope you get to do everything on your list!

Rach said...

Can't believe you're 30!!! Holy crap....that means I'm next...AAAHHH! well you look good for 30, so you can still pretend that you're my age. Happy Birthday! You should have put visit Hawaii on that list.

Nick and Emily said...

the hammerstads are here my friend. you don't have to go all the way to washington. jaime is coming down tomorrow and she can't wait to meet you and i'm so so so excited about your birthday. good luck on your list. i'll probably be there for most of it. at least i hope so.

kellieanne said...

I could just cut and paste your list for 2009 onto my desktop. There are lots of things that I have been wanting to do that you have listed.

You are a great friend. I think we often question ourselves and think we can always be better, but you really are truly a good friend. End of discussion.

By the way, speaking as someone closer to 40 than 30, you have lots of time before you should be worried about your age. There is comfort in knowing there is a time for everything.

VidEoGaMes WitH SoMe lOve said...

Happy Birthday Erin. (And I think that you have some good New Year goals. Mine are to try and not forget my goals from last year....)

Karina B. said...

Happy Birthday Erin! Why Chicago for Wicked and not NYC? You know NYC is better!

meg. said...

I am, indeed, a faithful blog stalker, and picture admirer.
Happy happy happy birthday Erin!

Kayleen said...

Happy Birthday Erin!!!!!!!

Seeing that I didn't check your blog until now (3 AM) I have to say that I DID think about you a lot on your actual birthday. And FYI turning 30 is AWESOME!! I loved my 30th birthday! It's nice to be out of my 20's I have to admit. So advice? Well, you probably don't have gray hair so I can't recommend a good coloring kit so I'll leave you with this thought to ponder: When you end up walking across the glass bridge over the Grand Canyon remember to wear pants and not a skirt. Ya never know if a tourist riding a donkey down the canyon will have their 70-200 2.8 lens with them! ha ha. Okay. I'm REALLY not that lame. . .just extremely tired!!

I love getting older! Each day that passes I get a little bit wiser than the day before. I'm down with that! :)

Bobbi said...

Happy Birthday, Erin! Just reading your "to do" list makes me tired, but I have no doubt you'll accomplish every item!! I need some photography lessons. Justin bought me a Canon EOS 40D for Christmas and I haven't a clue what to do with it. I want to be awesome like you. Do you have some kind of awesomeness-pill that I can take? If so, I want it!!! Also, we're thinking about changing our Disney World trip to Disneyland, so let's plan on going on the same day, okay? HOW FUN WOULD THAT BE?!?!? Let me know when's good for you. We are SO THERE!!!

Kahilau said...

holy moly momma! That is an amazing list. How much fun will that be when you mark all those things off your list. You have inspired me to make my own list, heck you have inspired me to do a lot of things. Thank you! Happy Birthday!

tina said...

Happy Birthday, Erin (from a friend of Leslie's; think I've commented here before, but can't recall right now)! Your list is great. I think you can leave off the last one though because by doing a few other things on the list, you accomplish the last! We all want to be better, but I think we are sometimes too hard on ourselves! Have a great party! How fun and what a great hubby for throwing the party. Enjoy 30 because I bet we'll really miss it when we're 40!

Just SO said...

I wasn't on the computer yesterday but Happy Birthday! You amaze me with your spirit and your drive. Good luck with your "to do" list!

Jordan and Jandee said...

yep is it weird to be jealous of someone else's goals? Yours are lovely! PS Happy Happy Birthday!

Shari said...

Well when you come see the Weaver's we would love it if you would take some pictures of us. You should also plan your trip here at a time when you could see Wicked. That is right you don't have to go all the way to Chicago to see it. It is coming to Seattle I think it is some time in October. 30 is not old at all, it is great and when you are 39.5 years old like me you will believe me.
Love ya, Shari

tammy said...

In the interest of getting you to 30 comments, I say "happy 30th Erin!!" and I fully expect you to follow through on your entire list! Love you!!

Marcie said...

Happy Birthday, Erin! Now we can be "old" together. :) I like Disneyland on your list- and you'd better call us!

Weight Family said...

Seriously... you are super ambitious! Good job and happy birthday. I actually saw you at Macey's last night, but would have had to make a crazy lady yell to get your attention (I was in line). Anyway, rock the house with your dance moves!

SummShine said...

Be the Best 30 year old, doer of all those things on your list and then some, person there ever was. Oh, and don't forget let out a great big BELCH in honor of never growing old!

Dave

SummShine said...

I think my last comment was number 29, which is my age. And this comment is number 30 which is how old you are, and how old I will be in 2009.

Dave again

Robyn said...

Happy Birthday, Erin! Can you believe we have known each other for more than half our lives? Crazy, but here is to another 30 or more!

tj said...

hmmm... i love lists, too. i'm especially interested in #28 +#11. can't wait to see how it turns out! (and we are not naming it pink!) your party was great! food was yummy! thanks for the invite.
....ya know, you are one of my most favorite people!

Dolly said...

You are a mad woman Erin. Sounds like you are trying to live your entire 100 years before you are 31. To be the mother of four great kids and have two part time careers plus all of your regular interests and hobbies, you will hit burn out if you don't pace yourself. That is my advice. Find a pace that works and does not leave you feeling like you didn't try hard enough. You can't fit a square peg in a round hole without shaving off some of the periphery...

The trips are just as fun when the boys are older. We just went to Disney with Sean and Tristan for the first time last summer and Sean was 15! It was awesome.

Fullmer Family said...

Happy Birthday Erin!! I'm glad you are 30 now and we are the same age once again! ;) I have no real words of wisdom, but I think your blog is really inspiring, so keep it coming!! :)