Thursday, May 10, 2012

a ridiculously awesome conference and hot people.

Of course I'm the last to post. Thank you ADD-brain, I'm always the last. But better late then never, eh?

If you're not from Utah then you may have missed the LDS Storymakers conference. (If you are from Utah and you missed it, there's no excuse. Shame. What could be more important?)

Public bashing aside, I want to now discuss my roll at the conference. Like last year, I was the photographer, and most definitely like last year, I'm sure a few of my friends picked up agents. (Cue Snow White: one day my prince agent will come...) Whatever. I'm not sad, or jealous, or pulling my hair out in angst in the hopes that one day, ONE FREAKING DAY, someone will offer me representation. No. Not at all.

I'm cool like that.

And to prove it, here are some of the pics I snapped at LDS Storymakers of people I'm so not jealous of. Because, I'm chill. I can appreciate how awesome they are by staring at their photos All Day Long! (Cue music from Psycho).
Really, though, I was surprised with all the awesome things people had to say about me. Here are some snapshots and quotes.


Howard Taylor: I believe I can fly when Erin is nearby
 Jessie Humphries: You're looking good, you good looking photographer, you.
 Weronika Janczuk: Now if everyone could write like Erin . . . 
 Julie (JUDO) Donaldson and Nichole Giles: We love Erin. 
 Michelle Wolfson: Had Erin pitched to me, my blog post wouldn't have gone viral. 
 Peggy Eddleman: Erin, my your shoes look nice.
 Molly O'Neill: I think the next big thing out there is Erin's Contemporary Spy novel.
 Janette Rallison: You look hard at work just like me. Hence the pink construction hat.
 DPK and the Duckett: Did you hear how awesome Erin's story is?

Ok, so in all honesty, maybe those weren't the exact phrases I heard, but they were close. Other than listening to people talk about me *wink, I shot a few head shots. Check out the awesome writer and agent and editor ladies below!










30 SPLURTS:

Jennie Bennett said...

So cute, all of them. I actually think I did hear a few of those phrases floating around ;)

J.R. Johansson said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! Love this post. It makes me smile. :) It was great to meet you, Erin!

Best Impressions said...

You are soooo hilarious - always keeping me smiling :0 Fun times

Kristine said...

Hahahahaha! The caption for Michelle's was the funniest to me!

Very nice head shots too!

Even though I don't write, I would want to go to a conference with you guys just for the crazy amounts of fun you have!

Peggy Eddleman said...

I know! Everywhere I went it was Erin this and Erin that. I even heard an "I saw Erin's shoes in the bathroom! But weirdly enough, not on her..."

writing and living by Richard P Hughes said...

I feel as if I were there.

David P. King said...

A job well done. And yes. Your story is awesome! :)

Emily R. King said...

Great pictures! You're so talented, Erin. Thanks for sharing!

Katie Dodge said...

Ha haha! You are too funny! Love the captions! And all your fabulous photos. You're one talented chica. :)

Leigh Covington said...

I heard them and that is EXACTLY what they were saying! LOL! You're so awesome and the pics turned out great! YOU GO GIRL!!! ;)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Saw some of your photos on Elana's blog - you are really, really good!

Sara B. Larson said...

Well, I happen to know that you got some requests yourself, you little photog-genius-writer-extraordinaire. So you better get that novel ready and sent to them so YOU can be the one who "picked up an agent" at Storymakers this year! :) As always, your pictures are gorgeous. And I really wish you'd done a new headshot for me. Boo.

Jessie Humphries said...

Bwahahahaha! I am laughing so hard right now...I don't even know where to start! What a friggin' doozie of a conference! From start to finish (and then some) it was action packed with memorable moments. I think one of my favorites is when I offered you one of my baby's diapers and you spat your water in my face (right when the whole conference room went quiet)!!!! I love you Erin :)

Elana Johnson said...

Oh, I heard all those things... And more. :)

Charlie N. Holmberg said...

i really do love your photography! Maybe I should have you do my head shot before I move (not that I need one, sigh).

Jenny S. Morris said...

You know they were thinking it even if they didn't say it out loud. Some day I'm coming to Utah just to have you do my head shot. LOL. When my book sells. ;0)

Leslie said...

I think I need another one of those tutorials you offer in Erinish so my fluency improves for my next conference.

Michelle Wolfson said...

That's totally what I was thinking!!! I can't believe you're a mind reader AND an awesomely talented photographer. That's some pretty incredible trick photography too, since I'm pretty sure I've never looked that good in a photo. I think I might need you to start following me around, like my own personal paparazzi.

It was so great meeting you. I KNOW we'll be in touch. For photos and more. ;-)

i'm erin. said...

Michelle, you made my day! I'll be emailing you soon.

Carrie Butler said...

Erin! Why are you so stinkin' talented? I swear, you should publish a coffee table photography book sometime. I would so buy it. :D

P.S. Those captions are hilarious!

Ruth Josse said...

You are so ridiculously funny. And hot.

Sophia Chang said...

Welcome back! Um...photos...day...life...

Tara Tyler said...

i know those quotes are real (you're a mind reader too, aren't you!)

and fabulous pictures! you brought out their inner beauty in those pics! i can see their souls!

i MUST get to utah!

(and thanks for your comment! i need a friend like you now! =)

Patti said...

Those are beautiful photos and I think your captions are spot on.

Angela Cothran said...

How in the heck did I miss out on the head shot circuit? Your pics are amazing! I can't wait to beta read your MS. Send it over soon :)

Precy Larkins said...

Looks like you had a ton of FUN!! Gorgeous photos, btw. :)

(Thanks for your super nice and super sweet comment on my blog. I missed you, too!) <3

Stacy Henrie said...

Great pictures!!! Wish I could have been there. Sounds like you had a fun time!

Julianne Donaldson said...

You are such an awesome photographer, Erin, that you should never be jealous of anyone. You rock! In other news, your photo of me has made me realize that I need a new hairstyle. Stat.

yanmaneee said...

moncler jackets
adidas yeezy boost
converse shoes
hermes handbags
yeezy sneakers
balenciaga
michael kors factory outlet
vans shoes
kyrie 3
christian louboutin shoes

shasheasl said...

x3k36a1t61 q0o69y6y29 l4v77m0a61 i3k32i4r00 o3r91e4t81 d6p75u8l91