Monday, May 14, 2012

Random Act of Kindness BLITZ!


A smile. An encouraging word. A thoughtful gesture. Each day people interact with us, help, and make our day a bit brighter and full. This is especially true in the Writing Community

Take a second to think about writers you know, like the critique partner who works with you to improve your manuscript. The writing friend who listens, supports and keeps you strong when times are tough. The author who generously offers council, advice and inspiration when asked.

So many people take the time to make us feel special, don't they? They comment on our blogs, re-tweet our posts, chat with us on forums and wish us Happy Birthday on Facebook.




Kindness ROCKS!


To commemorate the release of their book The Emotion Thesaurus, Becca and Angela at The Bookshelf Muse are hosting a TITANIC Random Act Of Kindness BLITZ.  And because I think KINDNESS is contagious, I'm participating too!

I’ve decided to blitz Peggy Eddleman. 


I picked Peggy because she is first my number one writing partner. And Second, she's a great friend. Without her, I wouldn’t be the consistent writer I am today. She’s has encouraged me more times than I can say because I’m pretty much a twit that loses writing confidence ALL THE TIME! But Peggy pushes me. She keeps me going. And I wish I could give her the world. But today I’ll be giving her...(insert drum roll) 
Can you feel the tension as you wait for me to reveal my gift?
Without further ado, I am offering Peggy Eddleman:
 FREE photography for LIFE! (HA…lame. She already has that). 
So I will also be giving her a gift card from HARTS. Our favorite little gas station.

PEGGY EDDLEMAN http://peggyeddleman.blogspot.com/. If you have a minute, please stop in and tell her how awesome she is!

Do you know someone special that you'd like to randomly acknowledge?

Don't be shy--come join us and celebrate! Send them an email, give them a shout out, or show your appreciation in another way. Kindness makes the world go round. :)

Becca and Angela have a special RAOK gift waiting for you as well, so hop on over to The Bookshelf Muse to pick it up.

Have you ever participated in or been the recipient of a Random Act Of Kindness?  Let me know in the comments!

25 SPLURTS:

Donna K. Weaver said...

Totally agree about Peggy. She just rocks.

prerna pickett said...

that's very sweet! The writing community is so great and definitely deserves a thank you.

Jessie Humphries said...

Harts! Haha... a gas station gift card! That is so PG :). Oh Peggy, thou art as lovely as a summer's day! How oft I have I enjoyed spooning thee, I cannot say. GO TEAM PEGS!

Ruth Josse said...

So lucky to have a writer friend such as Peggy!

I recieve random acts of kindness all the time! I think the population is way more kind than we give them credit for.

Kate said...

This is a fantastic idea! Something tells me that your one of those random acts of kindness people ALL the time.

Iain said...

Good call Erin.
Peggy is an inspiration to us all :oD

Sara B. Larson said...

Yay for Peggy love! She is awesome. And so are you Erin! :)

Leslie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leslie said...

Peggy is awesome and I can't wait to read her book next year! Even though I kind of knew Peggy before from chance encounters at your house through the years, I'm so happy I had the chance to get to know her much better rooming at the conference!

Small Town Shelly Brown said...

How fun!
Photography AND a gas card? I think you guys are made for each other. :)
And apparently Jessie wants in on some of that...I'm just sayin'

tammy said...

Peggy is the Bombs Breath for sure! She's way at the tippity top of coolest people for me. I totally have a friend crush on her. I could go on, but if I really started getting into all the specific reasons we'd be here all day and I really want her to be able to go spend her Hart's gift card.

Emily R. King said...

Yay for Peggy! How can you top that?

Jay Noel said...

Random acts of kindness rocks. So much more fun than random acts of violence.

Jenny S. Morris said...

Peggy is awesome!! And this idea is really cool.

Angela Brown said...

I certainly enjoy my visits over at Peggy's blog. The pictures of cookies make me drool sometimes and I have to clean up the mess before someone spots it, but she's a wonderful person. And a wonderful choice for a RAOK blitz :-)

Jessica G. said...

I'm still jealous that you got to go to LDSStorymakers while I was trying to put my arm back on… ;P

And the world needs A LOT more RAOKs.

Angela Cothran said...

I love kindness :) Peggy is luck she has a friend like you!

Peggy Eddleman said...

Awww, Erin! I'm blushing! Is this why you would never email me back about who you were ROAKBlitzing? This is seriously so sweet! If you only knew how often you're the one pushing me! And HARTS, to boot! So perfect!

Wanna go get a Diet Coke?

And teary thanks to all your commenters, too. :'o)

ROAK Rocks.

Patti said...

Peggy's pretty awesome and judging from the photos you took at Storymakers, that's a great gift.

Carrie Butler said...

I love Pegasus! Excellent choice, Erin! :D

linda said...

Yay Peggy! Congrats! :D Peggy is so awesome.

Deana said...

How sweet! That is awesome and totally not lame, your photography is one of a kind:)

David P. King said...

Great choice (I could be biased, but, you know). :)

Shallee said...

Aw, this is so sweet. :) People around me have given me so much, and I'm thankful for them all! Thanks for sharing who helped you.

Stacy Henrie said...

What a cool blogfest! Congrats to Peggy.