Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Inspired to Write-Free Writing Workshops

If you live in Utah and you haven't heard about the Orem Library Free Writing and Blogging workshop, then you're seriously missing out on something spectacular. Don't fret though. There is still time left to pop on over and check them out. 

My good friend SOPHISTIMOM (name drop much?) will be presenting on March 29 at 7:00pm
You can check it out below. 

Are there any writing workshops going on in your neck of the woods?
If not, where do you go for inspiration?

15 SPLURTS:

Jenny S. Morris said...

I know there are a few workshops that I should check out, but it's all about time. (I'm too busy writing.)

Peggy Eddleman said...

They've got some great stuff lined up! I had no idea. Thanks for the heads up!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Nothing like that here!

Angela Cothran said...

Arggg! I have a Primary Presidency meeting that night...I'm going to try and change it. Will you be there? I'd love to meet you :)

Ruth Josse said...

Man, I wish I still lived up there so I can go to all these fun things! Alas, I'm stuck in Fillmore/Beaver. And I've been taking advantage of my husband's generosity with watching kids a bit too much. Have to spread these things out so I can go to Storymakers. :)

Carrie Butler said...

I'm having way too much Utah envy this week...

Leigh Covington said...

Fun! I wish I could make it to this. But alas....
*sigh*
I do love writing workshops though.
Best.Things.EVER!

Maggie said...

I think a workshop would do wonders for my motivation right now.

Julie Daines said...

Shoot. I didn't know about this and I missed the YA panel. I looked for you at Writing for Charity on Saturday though. Did you go?

Katie Dodge said...

I wish I was closer! You guys down there have all the fun stuff.

Kevin and Robin said...

This looks like fun! It'd be fun to be connected to the writing community to just brush up on some techincal skill and get my brain working again. Thanks for posting!

Charmaine Clancy said...

I'm always signing up for workshops at our writing centre, we have a great one here. That program looks enticing!

Shallee said...

Yay for Orem Library! I love how many things they do for writers. I guess it helps that there are so many awesome writers around here.

Jaime {sophistimom} said...

I love that when you mention me, you call it a "name drop."

Love you, Erin, and thanks for the shout out!

Jay Noel said...

Thinking about writing a post about this: Why are there so many writers coming out of Utah???

Especially sci-fi, fantasy, and YA.

What's in the water?