Friday, February 24, 2012

Friday Five: motivation.

Five Things I do to Motivate Myself

Shoes
I love shoes like I love my hubby, 
Without them I might be a bit more tubby.
When I'm lacking motivation to exercise.
I get moving as soon as new shoes are my prize.

Cadbury Mini Eggs
You know those little chocolate, candy-shelled eggs.
They're the devil because they fatten my legs. 
So when I'm trying to write, but facebook lures me in,
I give myself one egg for each paragraph I fin---ish. (ok, so not the perfect rhyme. No judging.)

Music
Sometimes I feel like I'm stuck in a rut, 
I have no motivation to get off my butt. 
Whether exercising, shooting, or trying to write, 
If I blast my iTunes, it gives me a boost in the night...or day. (again, no judging on the rhymes here)

Books
If it were up to me I would read all day long, 
I love books like a photographer loves a Fong. (Uh, it's a tupperware looking flash filter-random, I know.)
If I have something to do that's horrid and no fun, 
I promise myself reading time as soon as I'm done.
Now You
If you're reading my poems, you'll see this is the end, 
But I've only written four instead of five, my friend. 
That's because I want to know what you like to do
when you're lacking motivation and you feel like poo!

26 SPLURTS:

Emily R. King said...

I love shoes and Cadbury Mini Eggs. They motivate me, too.
Happy Friday, Erin!

Angela Cothran said...

You are too funny Erin. Oh, and talented don't forget that! Great poems. I love the mini egg trick. I'm totally going to try that!!!

Patti said...

I'm impressed that you are able to only eat one. I'm sure I would up my reward with each sentence.

Jessie Humphries said...

I like to go on vacation. So take my advice...COME ON VACATION TO LAS VEGAS! (and bring me a super chunky red picture frame while your at it) :)

Kate said...

Nothing like Cadbury Mini Eggs! If only I could limit myself to one per paragraph. Alas, I have no willpower.

Tara Tyler said...

i visit all of my writerly friends
whose jokes and advice abound to no ends!

thanks for he pick me up and i tagged you!

Sara B. Larson said...

I adore shoes, and can't stop eating Cadbury mini eggs either. Music is a great motivator. Love all your poems! ;)

Ruth Josse said...

Awesome. My motivation is kind of backwards. Like, I'll clean for an hour so I can go write. Because anything is better than cleaning.

JoMamma said...

Music is the way to go. I wish I had some cool motivation. Maybe that's my problem I need something to motivate me.

Charlie N. Holmberg said...

I watch Youtube or whine at someone. :D

Peggy Eddleman said...

So.... if I dangled shoes, Cadbury eggs, music, or books in front of you, I could get you to do pretty much anything, right?

Good to know.

I SWEAR not to use that info for nefarious reasons. Honestly. You can trust me.

Jenny S. Morris said...

Oh those shoes are super cute! And those eggs make me want to drool. I eat WAY too many.

Sophia Chang said...

I whine and moan to my boyfriend until he kicks my ass.

And yes, music.

Kristine said...

I love your poems!

Shelley Sly said...

I love your rhymes, and I agree about music/iTunes. A good playlist can get me to do anything!

New follower, glad to have found your blog. I like it. :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Play music!

Sarah Tokeley said...

I'm sorry did you say something? I was too busy ogling those beautiful shoes :-)

Anonymous said...

when I'm lacking motivation and feeling like poo

I might often wonder if I have the flu.

Pushing myself up on my feet.

I do some work, which is a great feat.

uhm.....is that a poem? Sorry if it's crappy, I might have to go take a nappy.

Angela Brown said...

No judging on the rhymes
Those work anytime
Chocolate is key
As a motivator for me.

Leigh Covington said...

Okay - I was going to try and write a poem but with the tv blasting it's ruining my groove. *sigh*

Cadbury eggs are my FAVE! I love those things. And if I bribe myself with a night out to dinner or a movie after finishing X amount of work - that helps too! :)

Laura said...

if I'm feeling like poo and my brain hurts
I put on my wellies and my grandads sweater
I find a steam that gurgles and spurts
paddling always makes me feel a lot better

Nice to meet you
Laura x

Precy Larkins said...

LOLOLOL!

(And Fong sounded weird and almost dirty. Heh!)

I love shoes but being pregnant has made my feet wider and bigger (and just basically ugly), that I'm going to hold off on buying new shoes for awhile.

Btw, I tagged you in a meme, 'cause I know you'll rock it just like your poems--rhyming or not. ;)

Jennie Bennett said...

I think I need to start rewarding myself with shoes :)

Shallee said...

Mm, shoes! :) I like to get up to the canyon and hike or play with my family. It always helps me get out of the doldrums.

David P. King said...

You're awesome Erin, just say'n.

Shoes don't motivate me. Those eggs might. I do that will Jellybellys.

Skippy Bo Bippy said...

I found my way over here via David Powers King's blog and thought I'd toss in a thought. Honestly, I love to find blogs written by people that motivate me, and yours qualifies in spades. I hoped that starting my own blog would lead me to people who had a kindred love of writing.. and I was right. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.