Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Writing Inspiration - quotes

I love a good quote. Sometimes it's just the inspiration I need to push myself forward, or it gives me something to think about concerning the character I'm writing. Inspiration towards writing can come from many forms. Whenever I'm out stalking blogs or spending hours on fb, I make a point of writing down any quote that stands out to me. 

So for Tuesday's inspiration I thought I'd share one of my favorites:


My attitude is that if you push me towards something that you think is a weakness, then I will turn that perceived weakness into a strength.

I love his endurance and drive to be more. To fight whatever is holding him back and turn the tables on whoever is bringing him down. My main character has this same sort of determination, and today this quote is exactly what I needed.


Do you have any favorite quotes? Please share! Or at least tell me what inspires you this week?

15 SPLURTS:

David P. King said...

Love that quote. I've always appreciated Michael's attitude. And that's just what I needed to hear today as well. Thank you for sharing! :)

Brekke said...

"I've always said I wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific." ~Lily Tomblin

Ha ha ha ha ha!

She makes me laugh. I do feel this way sometimes though. So I keep it.

Patti said...

I love Michael Jordan, especially that commercial he did apologizing if he made his success look easy.

Abby Fowers said...

I love Michael Jordan, but I had never heard that quote. The man was amazing and talented. So glad you shared this today.

This week my inspiration has come from wonderful books. They always make me want to get to work on my current WIP.

Jenny S. Morris said...

Michael Jordan for me is sitting in my older brothers room, rooting for The Bulls. We loved watching him break every record. It was our special time. I love his quote!

Jennie Bennett said...

Great quote and a picture for the ages! I need that kind of motivation for today :)

Shallee said...

Ooh, I LOVE that quote! Thank you for sharing.

I have a bamboo plant next to my computer that has fortunes from fortune cookies I've gotten over the years. They help encourage me when I'm struggling. :)

Charlie N. Holmberg said...

"When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world." -George Washington Carver

That was in a planner of mine in high school and it really stood out to me.

Jessie Humphries said...

That is the coolest picture. He looks so effortless! I want to be like Mike. I have no inspiration quotes to share right now, I am so inspirationaless. Help!

Faith E. Hough said...

Great quote!

DEZMOND said...

it is a nice quote, although I generally don't like the competitive aspect of American society. Competition is kinda like leading a war, and war is never a good thing even when it is lead outside the real battlefield. You have millions of competitions, matches, pageants as early as primary school... and that is not good for kids.

Alexis Bass said...

Great quote! Very inspiring!

I love this: (By Junot Diaz)
“You see, in my view a writer is a writer not because she writes well and easily, because she has amazing talent, because everything she does is golden. In my view a writer is a writer because even when there is no hope, even when nothing you do shows any sign of promise, you keep writing anyway.”

Iain said...

Douglas Adams inspired me. He had a unique way of looking at things that made you question the norm.
One of my favourite lines is:
"It's at times like this, when I'm trapped in a vogon airlock, about to be ejected into space, that I wish I'd listened to what my mother told me when I was younger."
"Why, what was that?"
"I don't know. I never listened."

i'm erin. said...

Alexis, I love that! So inspiring.

Iain, I needed that. Great laugh.

Maggie said...

Gosh, my mind is blank at the moment. But I love Mike and even though he's getting to be an oldie now, he will always be an inspiration.