Friday, September 30, 2011

friday five.

I now dedicate this Friday, and every future Friday, to the number Five. 
So that on Friday you'll read my Five and you'll feel alive. (Or not . . . I'm just a big fan of rhymes.) 
Each Friday you'll find a list of different things.
A gathering of thoughts, or items I find interesting. 
(Stop groaning in agony, the poem's ending now . . . lest you call me a crazy, rhyme-loving cow)

Sometimes I wish...
1. Michael never died. 
Or changed the color of his skin. 
Or hacked up his nose. 
Or strung out his hair. 
But mostly I wish he was still alive and singing songs that Jive. 
RIP Michael. I love you.

2. Punky Brewster still rocked the tv airwaves. 
In her neon mis-matching perfection.
Honing her pig-tailed style. 
Annoying the creepy old guy she lived with (did anyone else question that one?)
And making us join in the canned laughter with her slap-stick comedy act.

3. Crystal Pepsi was back. 
Called a Cola, but looking like carbonated water.
Confusing us with the strange non-cola taste.
Looking almost pure enough to be called healthy.
Having the coolest soda name ever! 

4. Bell-ward never happened. 
I'm not talking book 1, 2, or 3.
But the fourth atrocity that makes me vomit in my mouth.
The freaky child baby with man teeth. 
The bed braking you know what. 
Gross.

5. Ice Ice Baby was still numero uno. 
When saying "word to your mother" made you cool.
You'd say "Stop" and I'd say "collaborate and listen"
And together we could bust out the running man and dance like crazy.

Ah...those were good times. Man, lets get outta here.
Word to yo' mother.

13 SPLURTS:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you about Bell-ward. I literally disliked the 4th book, reading it made me feel like burning that book. hahahaha. And then I love Vanilla Ice, always thought he was so gorgeous...lol

Jenny S. Morris said...

Oh my. So funny. I'm lovin friday five!

Jennie Bennett said...

pee-my-pants funny. Weren't the 80's the best?

Charlie N. Holmberg said...

They had crystal Pepsi? That sounds awesome...

Peggy Eddleman said...

I want Vanilla Ice's hair. With funky things carved into it. No, I want Punky's hair. No, Michael's. Oh wait, no really, I just ant Vanilla Ice's. Wanna help me carve?

Beckstrom7 said...

If you watch the 5.00 bins at wal-mart I have seen a DVD of Punky Brewster in there a few times. You cant beat 5.00 either lol.

i'm erin. said...

Charlie, You are way too young! Ugh.

Peggy, the actual name for those are called "Steps in his fade."
seriously.

tina said...

Regulators!!! Mount up! I am with you on the Bell-ward. I actually haven't read the books and don't plan to at all and only saw one of the movies, the second one I think, because a group of girls were going and it had been a long time since I had tasted the buttery goodness that is movie theatre popcorn that makes me literally sick to my stomach when I get home!

Jessie Humphries said...

Forget the bed breaking....bel--ward just need to go golfing! :)

Krystal said...

Oh my gosh, I miss Crystal Pepsi! Wasn't it the best? And I'm not just saying that because my name is Krystal, even though I did drink it because of the name.

i'm erin. said...

Jessie, I just snorted Diet Coke out my nose.

Mama Megs said...

I totally agree with you on book #4-I couldn't even finish it and still haven't. Nice to know someone else feels the same since sometimes I feel like the only one :)

Cristina said...

I LOVE Michael Jackson and since my boys love him too, so we listen to him a lot. It makes me so sad that he died :((