Wednesday, September 07, 2011

bread butt.

The other day while I was making the typical PB&J lunch for my two youngest kids, I found myself out of bread. Luckily I keep a back-up loaf in the freezer. I pulled it out and thawed the first four pieces. When I started spreading the PB on the butt of the loaf, Teddy said, "I don't want that piece."
That was new. Up until that very moment I thought Teddy loved the end piece. He didn't protest the day before, or the day before that.
"I thought you liked the butt piece," I said.
"Not anymore. I don't like the butt."
I sighed. This new opinion of his had recently outed tomatoes and cucumbers too. I worried for a brief moment that he might become as fickle an eater as one of my friend's kids that will only eat toast and salmon. 
Ruby pulled herself up on the stool beside him and said very matter-of-factly, "I like butt."

And right then all my worries were washed away with laughter. 

5 SPLURTS:

sanaejames photography said...

butt...ahahaha...my kids have a fascination for saying that word. in the oddest of times. like knock knock, who's there? butt. Butt who? Butt-alicious. or another time it would be butt butt...anyway, I gotta nip that in the butt so they won't be so crude. :)

i'm erin. said...

I know. I have a fascination with the word too! Butt is awesome.

Kristine said...

Hahaha! That's awesome! I love your kids. And you.

Shari said...

I'm still laughing out loud at that one. Ha! :D

Kahilau said...

I like butt!?! That is awesome! WE call it the okole piece at our house. That is so funny!