Sunday, July 17, 2011

moose tracks.

Yesterday I shot my second moose this summer. Talk about an awesome shooting season. As I drove down the Alpine Loop headed home after shooting a family, I was feeling quite ravenous. My stomach's hunger growls almost kept me from seeing the young moose standing a short ways off. In mid 'where-should-I-eat-out' conversation, I spied the young moose beauty. I swerved to a stop and whipped out my sharp shooter. It took seconds to snap on a 70-200 mm. With the right lens, I dared to step out of my van, sneak around the back, and shoot this moose beauty while he/she (who knows?) ate. 

I love me some moose!

On another note, if you were wondering where me and the hubs ate last night it wasn't the OG. Though, admittedly that was my first, second, and third choice. Mark put down his size 9 foot and we ended up at Costa Vida. Yeah, I'll admit that I might have announced their food tasted like butt as soon as we walked in the door, but I quickly changed my mind after I tasted the food. It was excellente (that's excellent in Spanish). If you're in Pleasant Grove and you want somewhere to eat...that is also now on my approved eating locations...go to Costa Vida. 

luv, erin






6 SPLURTS:

Rach said...

Love the first shot of the moose, but that last shot looks like it spotted you and is gonna charge. AAAAHHH I don't dare get close to those animals. You're freaking me out!

NICE EXCELLENTE SHOT thought!

SummShine said...

Did I ever tell you about the time, while Mountain Biking up south fork canyon, that I stopped my bike 10 freaking feet away from a bull moose that was the size of the mountain itself. The sucker rose up on its hind legs and was about stomp me out when my bro. in law 'Joe' skidded to a halt on his bike right behind me. It turned and ran up the mountain without killing us. Beautiful animals under the right circumstances, terrifying under others. Great shots of that one by the way!

Peggy Eddleman said...

Wow Erin! You are making some major progress! You just made the assumption that some people might be OUTSIDE of Pleasant Grove and looking for somewhere to eat! (I know. What might they be thinking? PG is where it is AT.)

Karly said...

I'm surprised you didn't mention the Coke machine. I thought that was the kicker for eating at "The Costa Vida" in the future.

JoMamma said...

I am so glad that you have approved of another place to eat.

keishkaylaaazzalea@gmail.com said...



Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

Suplemen Pelangsing Herbal
Suplemen Peremajaan Kulit
Obat Herbal Penyakit Gastritis
Obat Herbal Patah Tulang
Jenis Suplemen Yang Baik Dikonsumsi Ibu Hamil
Suplemen Kesehatan Tulang
Obat Tradisional Penurun Kolesterol
Suplemen Penurun Kolesterol Dalam Darah
Suplemen Penurun Kolesterol Tinggi
Green World Blueberry Concentrate