Monday, March 22, 2010

George turns 9 whether or not I'm ready...

Truth:  I didn't forget George's birthday, I just got my days mixed up.  I swear.  When I looked at the calender, I thought the 21st was Monday.  Not Sunday. 

Evidence:  On Friday, when Mom and Dad stopped by with dinner from El Pollo Loco (my favorite...go try it) I said, "Hey Mom, I think we're going to have a family party this year for the boys.  So come to dinner on George's birthday on Monday."
This evidence proves that I didn't simply forget my oldest son's birthday. 

Verdict:  Either way, I suck because on the actual day of George's birthday I didn't have any of the following items:  Cake, Ice cream, gifts, candy, and any other type of party item you can imagine. 

So, to make sure George had a great day, we sent him down to Grandma and Grandpa's house for all-you-can-play Nintendo, while we (yes, Mark was as much a part of the forgetting/confusement as I was) totally went to the Walmart . . . on the Sabbath . . . which, I promise, is not something we typically do.  But, given the pathetic circumstances, we felt it a must. 
In the end, I think George had a great 'family' party with his grandparents from both sides and his siblings.  Here's my handsome guy.  I can hardly believe that I had him 9 years ago!  Time sure flies and my baby just gets cuter and cuter. 

Oh, and of course we used today as a family photo-op day. 

My Georgie.

My Three Sons.
My boys.
My baby girl.

10 SPLURTS:

Leslie said...

ha ha ha, that is so funny! Poor George - he probably told all his Primary friends what a sad day he was having.

Maybe a visit from his favorite cousins ever this year will ensure year 9 is not a total waste. ;)

Sara said...

I'm glad it all seemed to turn out okay. :-) What a beautiful family you have. All your boys are so handsome, and you and Ruby are just gorgeous. I hope you have a great week!

Kristina P. said...

What great pictures! You should be a photographer or something. :)

And I've done that with the day thing. I'm sure he will only be scarred for 10 years.

Weight Family said...

George looks just like a boy version of you. Ruby is getting big. We need to hang soon.

Stacey said...

Erin your family is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Happy Birthday George!

Rach said...

Is he really that old. Goodness you are going to have a teenager sono. OH NO....that's scarey. But what great boys you have.

Kayleen Feil Photography said...

cuuuuute photos! Can't believe how Ruby has changed! and love your hair! :)

its simple love said...

ha ha ha oh Erin, this was a hilarious story. I miss you. I hope once I return from Peru I will be able to see you again.

p.s. don't forget to enter my Peruvian Feather Earring Giveaway!

Rachael

Bobbi said...

Oh..my..HECK!!! Your kids are so stinkin' adorable!!! All of them! That last shot of Ruby totally shows what a big girl she's becoming. I swear I still think of her as a newborn. Not so!!! She's gorgeous. Your boys are handsome. You're a babe. I love your family!!!

Marcie said...

I love how all your boys have their own look and I can't wait to meet miss Ruby one day- she is a DOLL!