Monday, September 14, 2009

Monday's Fit Tip Mania

Normally this time of year rolls around, and I get caught up in the hubbub of fall parties for my kids at school, snagging a few bags of Halloween candy and munching on them, and pulling out all my 'winter' recipes. And when I say 'winter' I really mean recipes loaded with creamy fatty goodness.

Fall for me is a love hate relationship. I love all the celebrations, but I HATE the weight gain. So, what do I do?

Well, in the past I've tried everything from limiting myself to eating treats only on the weekends, or writing down everything I eat. Both have worked, but sometimes they've also made me a little cranky. I recently was talking to a friend who has been successful in losing quite a bit of weight. She mentioned that she eats a little of what she wants and then puts it away. Nothing's on the No list. She just leaves it at that, just a little.

hmm, interesting. Can I do that? We'll see. I think I'll try it out this week and let you know.

Ask the Audience: What do you do to around the holidays? Feast or famine?

4 SPLURTS:

holmesfam.blogspot.com said...

I totally feast....I may have to try that too! Sounds like a good idea. I have promised myself a new present if I don't eat any chocolate at Hee Haws this year...last year I gained 5 lbs from all the treats! YIKES!

big8smiley said...

I do what your friend does and it totally works. If I CAN'T have it, then I totally want it and go overboard. I prefer to be able to have some, at least. So, I have some in small amounts and that's it. If it's a tasting table, I grab a small plate and when it's full, it's full (and not full like falling over the edges full) - NO SECONDS! I've taught myself to be satisfied by trying it, but not gorging on it.

My favorite treat is dark chocolate and I keep it in the fridge. I am allowed to have 2 squares/day - no more. It really works to give me that fix when I need it.

Carterista said...

Well...that would depend on how I "feel" when I see the food. If I'm happy, I eat it. If I'm sad, I eat it. If I'm tired and I can, I take a nap. (Love naps.) But if I can't I eat the food then find more to eat. Haha.

Occasionally, I'm not in the mood to eat. I used to eat anyway, but now I make myself look away. The more I eat the more I want. No need to eat just because it's there.

Nailah Saida said...

Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

Jamu Penambah Nafsu Makan Anak
Obat Herbal Untuk Penurun Panas
Suplemen Herbal Peninggi Badan
Suplemen Untuk Ibu Setelah Melahirkan
Jenis Suplemen Yang Baik Dikonsumsi Ibu Hamil
Suplemen Pencegah Cacat Janin
Suplemen Untuk Ibu Hamil
Suplemen Untuk Kesehatan Janin
Cara Menghilangkan Lemak Ditubuh Dengan Cepat
Suplemen Penguat Daya Ingat