Tuesday, September 08, 2009

LABOR day.

I'll tell you what, when Mark said, "Let's go to Stewart Falls today. It's a nice hike." I certainly wasn't thinking, It's a nice, kick-your-butt, make-you-sweat, exhaust-every-muscle, type of hike. Boy was I wrong. After hauling Ruby and Teddy on our backs, carrying the backpack of food and water, and keeping one hand free to carefully cradle my Death-Con 700 (my camera), I was beat.
Dead Tired.
Beat.
But, like all good workouts, it was fun. George and Henry kept the sweat-drenching pace and we made it up the mountain and back in less than 2 hours. And that included a 30 minute stop at the falls. The kids played in the water, I tried, unsuccessfully to take a shot without one of the other million hikers blocking my shot (Holy Cow there were a lot of people out hiking yesterday) and Mark showered in the falls. Overall, it was awesome to see the kids challenge themselves that way. By the end, they were tired and a wee bit cranky, but I think they enjoyed the experience.

Me and the Rascals.

Mark taking his turn with two.My three sons taking a break.
The sweet hubby helping to put shoes back on the water rats (my kids) My one and only mediocre shot of Stewart Falls.

Mark taking his weekly shower. ha ha. So Haole right?

9 SPLURTS:

JoMamma said...

It looks like you had a great time. I have not been there in forever.

Kira said...

Glad Mark got a shower. And glad he roots for BYU.

Rach said...

who is that WHITE MAN?!! you NEED to come back to hawaii to work on his tan! hahahhahahahah. NICE pictures.

Fullmer Family said...

Cool pics! Wow, you guys are brave, we don't even dare take CJ on a long, trecherous hike - and he's our only child! Ha ha...Maybe coming soon amidst all the fall colors...that's good motivation. :)

Ella said...

cools pics, that looks like a lot of fun were is that i never heard of it?

holmesfam.blogspot.com said...

I've never done that hike...glad that you guys made it. I'll have to look it up and take my family too!

Kristine said...

Looks like fun! What a fun thing to do as a family!

big8smiley said...

I can't believe Mark got in that water. It's FREEZING!! I like hiking to Stewart Falls. We were up there just a couple of months ago. You'll have to try the hike that ends at the top of the waterfall. I like that one better and there seems to be more shade.

Shari said...

I think it's a beautiful picture. It looked like a fun day.