Wednesday, July 08, 2009

UP.

I love how, particularly on the Fourth of July, you can spend all day with your nose in the air and no one thinks your snooty. We drove down to Provo for the annual balloon launch. If you haven't gone, and you live in the Utah County area, I suggest you do at least once. It is beautiful. For nearly thirty minutes, my kids stood and stared and ceased to whine, fight, or poop on me . . . that's a freakin' miracle!

It's funny how many times people comment that my family must have millions of shots of them because I'm a photographer. NO, in fact, it's the opposite. I'm busy shooting other people all the time that I neglect my own family. So in light of that, this post in inundated with picture after picture. Go with me on this folks, it might not happen for a while.
These first three shots are my favorites. I loved seeing the balloon crest above the mountains and the morning sun rays illuminate the flag. Patriotic. Stunning. I actually thought I'd try a silhouette and see how I it turned out. I'm on the fence about this one. Do I like it? Hmmm...I can't say yet. There you go --looking up, up, up. Balloons in the sky.Life Flight taking off.George looking UP.Fireworks blazing across the sky.Grandpa and Teddy looking up.The whole family...plus cute cousin Jarom.Another crazy Photographer getting in my way. I'll have to post a picture later to show you how I treat pregnant photographers that get in my shot. (ha ha snort)And of course, how could I post any family pictures with out a lovely shot of my sweet Ruby!

. . . and that infamous shot of Teddy and his pirate wink (all you have to do is say "smile.")

9 SPLURTS:

Just SO said...

Those are great shots Erin. That first one is fabulous!!

Kristina P. said...

You truly are an amazing photographer.

Brooke said...

I love the pic of the fireworks, Awesome! You have such a cute family!

Rach said...

i love the pirate wink. Totally awesome. I love the balloon launch.

Maman Pélissié said...

Love them....all. And ps- you guys look fantastic for waking up so early!

Melony said...

Stop being so damn cute! ;)

Shayleen Lunt said...

Erin - You are so talented. I really wish I could do that. My walls would be covered with pictures then!

Haley Hale said...

Love the pictures. The first one (with the Y mountain in the background) made me SO homesick for Utah. Do me a favor-in the fall, go to AF canyon and take some pictures of the aspen trees for me. Ugh-I miss it so bad out there. Oh, and I can't believe how blonde Henry is. He and Emma will have the cutest kids! (I am still plotting their union.)

big8smiley said...

You got some great pictures! We have gone to the balloon fest many times and it is a great experience! I love it when they start blowing up all the balloons and they get so big on the field that they just surround you. :) Glad you made it this year!