Thursday, July 09, 2009

bobbi. my friend.

Truth be told, I'm not a very good friend. I get preoccupied. I fail to answer the phone. I triple schedule every hour of my life. I live in complete chaos.

Needless to say, I'm sure I've always had those flaws. One instance in particular stands out in my mind of how 'not' of a good friend I was with my dear bff, Bobbi.
We were walking home from the Junior High school on a warm spring day when out of nowhere a huge black dog came bounding down the street toward us. Of course, because I 'm such a dog lover I reached out to pet the massive thing. He apparently loved our attention so much that he attacked my dearest friend Bobbi.

And what did I do?

Nothing.
Really, I can remember it clear as day. I stood. I gaped. And after watching poor Bobbi wrestle with a crazy hulk of a dog, I actually think I laughed.

Bobbi, I'm sorry.

And any other friend I've not been very nice to, I am sorry too.





p.s. YOu look fabulous, despite our junior high days, and your kids look great too!

11 SPLURTS:

Ella said...

I love the one with mommy and little girl , very cute.

Rach said...

Her kids are adorable. Way to go Bobbi!! I love the brother walking with the sister. So cute.

Bobbi said...

Erin, these pictures TOTALLY make up for everything! You're the best and I love you forever!!! (btw, I still RUN every time I see a big black dog coming my way!)

Cruise to the Max said...

I am so sorry I had forgotten about that story Bobbi. Next time you come over I will make sure that our big black lab, Bubba, is put out of the house. You must have been so nervous about coming in our home. Erin did not remind me before you came over so I wonder how sorry she really is. Hmmm.

Shayleen Lunt said...

Wow! Those pictures are fabulous! I think I'm going to start saving my money so I can have you take our family pics next time I'm in UT.

Tara H. said...

oh, you did a fabulous job! The picture of Bobbi and her kids is adorable!!
Next year I will have enough money saved for you to take our family photos too.
xoxox

Carterista said...

Come on, Erin. Everyone KNOWS you laughed. I know it and I wasn't even there.
So sorry Bobbi. I'm glad she's made up for it finally.

Hilary said...

I've known Bobbi since back in her Barstow days . . . I LOVE the pictures! Her and her kids look amazing, and the photos are so fun!

Krystal said...

Erin, I love the pics, they are gorgeous! Of course you can't go wrong with such a gorgeous family. I love the look that your pictures have--do you run actions on them in Photoshop or do you have a certain workflow that you use to get that look?

i'm erin. said...

Hey Krystal! I do use actions. I am a big fan. MOstly I sharpen a little, enhance levels, play with saturation and that's it!

JoMamma said...

Bobbi you have such a cute family.